Electro-Lux...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
In addition to Ernestine's current problems,she's also in a molt. We've been brushing her daily, butyesterday, the Missus took the vacuum cleaner to her. I heldErnestine and the Missus pulled clumps and brushed while vacuumingsimultaneously.

Interestingly, Ernestine liked it enough to chatter herteeth. If you've never done it, it might be worth atry. Not all buns are scared by the sound and the suction.

Buck

LOL
lol.gif

I thought about doing this as well!!

That's the way they groom the horses at Busch Gardens, too. They've got a shopvac and a grooming brush on the end of the hose.

All of my buns are scared poopie-less when the vac is run. Lot of thumping and bunnie500s going on.

I was thinking of hooking up an old pool vac hose to the shop vac. Thatway I could put the vac in another room or even put the it outside ifneeded.

I'm thinking this would be a good way to clean the cages, as well. Vacit all up with the wet/dry vac and then dump it in the compost pile.

:~) Jim

C'mmmmeerree Tucker, Fauna, and Cali....

I've gotta surpriiisssseee for youuuuu!!!

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
C'mmmmeerree Tucker, Fauna, and Cali....

I've gotta surpriiisssseee for youuuuu!!!

-Carolyn
Caorlyn says... ***after vacuming Tucker up with the Hoover***..

"Tucker!! You come out of there right now and quit glaring at me!!"

I can see that bunnietude look on Tucker's face as he peers outof thevac bag !?!?! Hey...a dustbunnie!!!

I have heard of vacuuming up dust bunnies butreal bunnies. I think some bunnies might have to give you all thesilent treatment and show you thier butts :)

Cristy

mygrl2k3 wrote:
I have heard of vacuuming up dust bunnies but real bunnies.
That's what I do.......I connect the small brush attachmentand vacuum away. The zoom groom brush is excellent forpulling out the loose hair and the vacuumpicks it up.

Of course Pebbles is scared of the vacuum, so I connected twohoses together, so I can keep the vacuum as far away as I can from her.

After that, I give Pebbles a treat, and I vacuum myself down.

Rainbows! :D

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
A vacuum? Mocha's already terrified of the phone ringing!
OMG that is too funny. Sorry Mochabut .

I never thought of trying to vaccuum Apollo. I know I'm alwaysvaccuuning after Apollo. I just might have to try vaccuuming himinstead.

Tina

Tucker run away Baby run away.:p

Monty Python would have me as the one to "Run Away, Run Away" from a ferocious, man-eating, rabbit.

dajeti2 wrote:
MyBunnyBoys wrote:
A vacuum?Mocha's already terrified of the phone ringing!
OMG that is too funny. Sorry Mochabut .
I'm serious! He freaks out when the phone rings! I've almost had himjump out of my arms because the phone rang just as I was coming insidewith him in my arms!

He gets all tense and starts thumping his foot.

My poor baby's a chicken!

Ya'll are always good for a laugh when I need one.

Tucker run and hide baby Auntie Tina will save you.

MBB, I'm sorry but it just sounds hilarious. It's not funny poor Mocha. He needs ear plugs poor guy.

Tina

JimD you are sooo funny.

JimD wrote:
All ofmy buns are scared poopie-less when the vac is run. Lot of thumping andbunnie500s going on.

I'm thinking this would be a good way to clean the cages, as well. Vacit all up with the wet/dry vac and then dump it in the compost pile.
My buns share your buns opinion of the shop vac, but I still use it allthe time. I clean my cages this way. It worksnicely and clean-up is really easy. I don't have a compostpile here, but I think that would make it even easier...no garbage bagsto deal with.

Jen

***bump for varna***

I've wanted to do this for the longest time.

All of our buns get "porcupine butt" from time to time.

It drives me nuts and I have to try to pull them out and I always end up getting grunted at.

~Jim

Too funny...the thumpin! I haven't heard that yet in my bun. :D

That's a great idea about using a wet/dry shop vac to clean the cage and just dumping it in the compost pile. I bet that would be so much faster! (Not to mention you'd come out with much cleaner hands! LOL...)

JimD wrote:
LOL
lol.gif

I thought about doing this as well!!

That's the way they groom the horses at Busch Gardens, too. They've got a shopvac and a grooming brush on the end of the hose.

All of my buns are scared poopie-less when the vac is run. Lot of thumping and bunnie500s going on.

I was thinking of hooking up an old pool vac hose to the shop vac. That way I could put the vac in another room or even put the it outside if needed.

I'm thinking this would be a good way to clean the cages, as well. Vac it all up with the wet/dry vac and then dump it in the compost pile.

:~) Jim

maherwoman wrote:
Too funny...the thumpin! I haven't heard that yet in my bun. :D

That's a great idea about using a wet/dry shop vac to clean the cage and just dumping it in the compost pile. I bet that would be so much faster! (Not to mention you'd come out with much cleaner hands! LOL...)

I have a funny sequel to this story, too.

The noise of the shopvac scares most of my buns and hose is short. I thought it would be a good idea to use the hose from the pool vac, that way I could put the shopvac in another room or even outside. GREAT IDEA....not.

I hook the hose up (using lots of duct tape) and leave the one end in the bunnie room.I then take the shopvac in the kitchen at the other end of the house. Good so far. I plug in the vac and the switch was in the "On" position.

Well, let me tell you.....it sounded just like an air raid siren...AND JUST AS LOUD........rrrrRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEE!!!!

By the time I turned it off and got back to the bunnie room ALL of the bunnies were thumping away!! Poor bunnies!!

~Jim

Latest posts

Back