Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, how on Earth did I miss this! This is just awful :(

Stan, have you heard/seen any more? I am going to ask John if we can have a run down there this weekend (what with the bad weather and no transport, I can't make it until then). Do you know how many EARS are taking, and how many will stay?

Poor bunnies. I am going to go shop and buy some supplies for them. I may give them a call and see what I can do, if anything!

Jan

This broke my heart. Poor bunnies! And I can't imagion how much pain the others were in. :tears2:

I hope they all get good homes very soon!

I see onthe Edmonton Humane Society website, they are starting to list the new bunnies for adoption.There are no pictures of them, butsome of them are 2 months old. The animal profiles will be updated every day. Click on the Adoptable Other link for the rabbits.

http://www.edmontonhumanesociety.com/pet_search.html

They will be on TV if you have a chance to get the latest update.

Global channel 8 Wednesday @ 8:50 am

CTV channel 2 Thursday @ 12:50 pm

Citytv channel7 Friday @ 8:50 am

Oh man, I saw a few of the bunnies on a newscast from Friday and they have b unch of harli crosses that looks just like Spice. :(

I'm going to drop off a bale of Timothy hay but I wont be going into the city until next week.

***bump***
(just moved this to the rescue forum.)

I found this in a classified ad...

"The EHS (Edm Humane Society) is currently housing over 100 rabbits due to a owner surrender seizure. In a partnership withE.A.R.S( TheEdmonton Area Rabbit Society), the rabbits have been checked over and assessed, andare awaiting adoption starting next week. Although E.A.R.S and Masterfeeds has donated 30 bags of feed, they are in need of supplies such as cages, water bottles, metal or ceramic dishes, hay, toys ect.
I am more than happy to pick up supplies from you and take to the EHS if your not able to go yourself.
Thank you for your support."

MyBabyBunnies, your bale of hay would go along way. Atleast it is cheaper than the store bought bags of hay.

LuvaBun, anything would help. Anything rabbit related, phone books are on top of the supplylist. The best for you to do is cash donations. Then the shelter can buy supplies directly from the stores at a reduced price. You will get a tax receipt from the shelter too.

They found all the fosters they need for the rabbits. It's just homes that they need for all the bunnies now.

You might consider getting in touch with the HRS--they have an emergency rescue fund that they use in this kind of situation. Info about it is on the main page of their website: http://www.rabbit.org/
I really wish it were in my budget to donate right now too, but it just isn't. :(

And Fuzzy, I hope Bunny and Thumper get along. What a cutie!!

tonyshuman wrote:
You might consider getting in touch with the HRS--they have an emergency rescue fund that they use in this kind of situation.
Thanks for the idea Tonyshuman! :hugsquish:

I was at the shelter today, and I gave them our forum website about this topic, and they must of seen your post.
When I was about to leave the shelter, they told me they were just approved by HRSto get somehelp. :bunnydance:

Update.

49 rabbits have been cleared for adoption. 4 rabbits were "fixed" yesterday, and more being done today.

I was overwhelm by the numbers there. It was like being at a Rabbit show. The rabbits have taken over the small animals room. There were cages and kennelsin the admitting area. And more kennels in the back hallway. These were just the ones available for adoption. The rest of the pending rabbits were held somewhere else isolated from the public.

I got there when they opened the doors (12 noon) for the public. Already the staff and volunteers had cleaned out all the rabbitcages, fedand wateredthe rabbits. There was a man that came in at the same time as me, and he had three bags of vegetables with him. He went to every rabbit and gave them some carrots and greens.

Fuzzy wrote:
Is there a limit to the amount of time that the shelter will keep those bunnies for? What will happen to the ones that are unable to find a home??
The Shelter told me they have committed themselves to hold all the rabbits until they find a home.
So lets hope they find a home soon, and that they don't have to live in the small kennels for too long.

That is great news that HRS was able to help. They helped us at The Rabbit Haven when we had a shelter dump of 60+ guinea pigs and several bunny moms with litters all at the same time. I forgot completely about this program. Awesome idea, tonyshuman!

Hi Stan,
I just want to introduce myself briefly before going into detail. My name is Taryn and I am the Secretary-Treasurer for the Edmonton Area Rabbit Society.
We were involved with the Owner Surrender of the 202 rabbits that arrived April 18, 2008 at the Edmonton Humane Society.
The Edmonton Humane Society is in need of any donations possible to sustain this number of rabbits. Phone books, newspaper, hay, food, toys, treats, etc. Our organization is willing to pick up these donations and take them to the Edmonton Humane Socitey if you are unable to yourself. Please just contact us at: http://www.earsclub.com . I have attached a couple of photos for you to see from the day the rabbits arrived at the shelter. We tried to provide assistance with breed identification, sexing, color as well as identify any major illness and injury that we could see. The coops were used strictly for this purpose, the animals did not stay in them. We went through all the rabbits, and they are all very friendly!

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn96/earsclub/Rabbit%20Surrender/

These are a couple of pictures from that day. If anyone has any questions that I might be able to answer please let me know.
Thank you for your support of these amazing rabbits!

naturestee wrote:
Did you take pictures of them?:weee: Maybe ... :biggrin2:
These are shots of the rabbits and cages overflowingin the main office.
Some of the cages have one bunny inside, while other cages might have 5 - 6 bunnies in them.
The brown cardboard boxes are carriers for transporting the rabbits around.

2vm8v86.jpg

do6jah.jpg

24c7b5x.jpg

29kv2ja.jpg

Latest posts

Back