Edible Plants: Pics?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyStuff...

Reaction score
You know, I here about all these low cost or for free sources of rabbit food, but I have trouble finding any Pictures of most items. Some are of course common knowledge; ie. vegetables and fruits, some herbs and others. However, I would like to have a comprehensive listing of color photos for different things that grow naturally. For example books with plants native to kentucky don't cover many of the plants I hear about here or read about on the web. I think some of them may not be native to ky. Others like varied types of clover, different trees leaves and various types of grasses that grow naturally. Are all grasses edible? How about cattails because I have a mother load of these? I'm thinking that given that given the different genus or classes of plants, however the kingdom think works, I might have to go to a lot of different sources for colored photos like for herbs, unusual plants, etc. Many of my sources describe plants, like with the Audobon books, but don't indicate toxic properties to rabbits, viruses and bacteria carried by some plants that can be harmful to rabbits, or the less notable gassy plants.Irecall one post of a guy from Australiaasking about sweetgumtree leaves.Then another member of RO said they carry a virus (I forgot which one).This is what I would like to know.Any ideas or sites to offer? I want to one day have a well managed rabbit farm (not to offend the pet lovers) that is the most cost affective it can be. If I were to grow the foods my self as with many modern large scale farm operations.

Latest posts

Back