Echo is acting extremely grumpy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
so echo is acting oddly lately. he is extremely defensive, constantly grunting and lunging out at us. he bit me really hard just not two minutes ago.

i am clueless to why this is happening....any suggestions?

Toby goes through those phases. One day, he will be nuzzling up against me for head-pats, and the next day he's on the warpath. The only thing I've been able to pin it to is that I've "offended" him and it's his way of retaliating. Other than that, I'm not sure what to say... How old is your bun?

He's neutered?

I reached in to scratch Tony's head this morning and he bit my finger! it hurt too, turned it blue but it didn't bleed.

Bo bites cause he knows it hurts now. If he doesn't get what he wants - chomp! I have bruises..... it's getting a bit better because we hold his head down and make him sort of "settle" when he does it. He hates that so he's learning not to bite.

Hrmm... Did you get an estimate of his age? How long have you had him? If no estimate was given, do you know the color of his front teeth? Are they white and a little see-through? Are they yellow? I've heard the more opaque they are (not see through), the older they are... I could be wrong.

What kind of bun is he (guess)? He looks like a dwarf mix to me from the pic. Toby was never a bitey jerk until he hit about a year or so.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
... he bit my finger! it hurt too, turned it blue but it didn't bleed.
Toby does that too. He rarely breaks skin anymore, but he breaks blood vessels very well ;) He only does that if I startle him outside of his cage or if I have offended him in some way unbeknownst to me. Once, I knelt down by his cage to feed him, I startled him, and he lunged out - growling - and bit me in the bum! He bit so hard that he cut me pretty bad. This was through pajamas, too! I almost needed stitches (I would have if I didn't know first aid :p).

Sometimes buns just feel like being jerks, I guess. *shrug*

I just thought that I should add this, too. It's just an article about ticked-off rabbit behaviors. That whole site has some good ideas/info on it :)
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/rabbittalk_anger.html

Latest posts

Back