Eating her poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtzchick

Reaction score
I'm currently lounging around with Phoenix and I just noticed she is walking around and eating her poop.... They do not look like cecotrophs, it is actually poop. I know she is probably hungry since I give her 1/4 cup pellets twice daily but her hayrack is full. What would her reasoning be for eating her poop? :/

Ditto. I've seen Agnes do it every once in awhile. Sometimes I find half chewed up ones in her condo :p

Bun Foo also does this. From what everyone else said, it seems like its pretty "normal" bunny behavior. Maybe we all just have lazy rabbits that don't want to go back to their cages/rooms to get the food that actually food?

Ohh and bunnies are just strange sometimes.

Lol yes I've decided that we all must have lazy bunnies since after she got tired of the taste of poop she went into her litterbox to munch on some hay

The best is when Honey is sitting there munching on his poop, looking all smug about it, and then runs over to me and sticks his nose in my face for attention...such is bunny love :rollseyes

I have already asked this question but it seems to me she is eating a lot of her poop which I find really weird and it's everyday. She always has leftover hay so she can't be that hungry. What concerns me is that rabbits eat their. Poop to absorbe nutrients, since she is not only eating cecotrophs but also regular fecal pellets does that mean that she could be in need of more nutrients :/

Latest posts

Back