Eating/Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Reaction score
I've heard mixed things about eating and howrabbits get along. Some things say they get more territorial (similarto dogs) and other say its more of a social thing.

I guess my real question is if it'd be more beneficial to bonding to let them eat together or hold off til they're bonded?

hmm Im not really sure.

I think I wouldnt let them eat together until they are bonded. As you said, they can get territorial about food.

That being said, when Im bonding my boys I use a treat if I want todistract them. I find that they dont really pay attention to oneanother if mommy has a snack..but for daily feeding I would say notuntil theyre bonded.

I've never tried it with our 2 boys...but theywill steal each others greens thru the NIC grates and neither of themgets aggressive or gets upset. They sit side by side onopposite sides of the panel and have a wee munch together.They actually seem to enjoy it. I don't know how well itwould work if they were out together without the panels in between...Idon't think I would personally try it!:)

When I was rebonding Fey and Sprite, I wouldsometimes put out a loose pile of veggies. I spread them outa bit though so Fey wouldn't feel as threatened (Sprite was anobsessive mounter).

And I always had a wicker basket with hay set out. That encourages them to eat together too.

But I wouldn't do their regular meals together until they'rebonded. Just treats/extras. You don't want them tofeel stressed at every meal.

Latest posts

Back