Easter Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babysophiecat

Reaction score
I just contacted 2 candy companies to see if they can help, something has to be done on a large scale to stop people from buying "Easter Bunnies" & maybe with enough funds, things can change. I told them to contact rabbit.org, to see just how much help is needed & (rabbits in shelters needing foster homes, etc.) I wanted to know if you guys would help me, the more people contact them the better = )

http://www.hersheys.com/contactus/

http://www.nestle.com/Common/Header/ContactUs.htm

(I'm having a hard time getting Mars up, if you think of anyone else, please post it = )

i'm assuming by this that you have heard of the make mine chocolate campaign then!? www.makeminechocolate.org

send that to hersheys and mars or whoever else and see if they will post a link to it during this easter campaign!

Tracy

yeah, I saw that when I was on rabbit.org, I'll send them the link, thanks = )

I emailed both of those places, we'll see what happens. Keep it up, guys! :cool:

I sent an email to comcast to see if they would be willing to run the PSA that they had done, we'll see what happens = ) That would be really nice to see it on TV too = )

Comcast is interested in running the PSA in 4 markets! I sent the information to Terri at makeminechocolate.org-they need to get the material so they can run the ads = ) Yippee!

Hey this might have already been mentined but maybe if some people can get on the news about this case. Maybe I can. I can surely ask the news stations and see what they say. :D

Ok I emailed something to King 5 news. I will post later what I said. I hope that they can help spread the awareness somehow. :D

I got a reply from Nestle. :X

"Thank you for contacting us.

We are flattered that consumers think of our company when they send us unsolicited suggestions. We recognize that we run the risk of 'missing out' on opportunities, but we do not accept or consider such suggestions from consumers, due to legal considerations.

We appreciate your interest in our company."

gentle giants wrote:

We are flattered that consumers think of our company when they send us unsolicited suggestions. We recognize that we run the risk of 'missing out' on opportunities, but we do not accept or consider such suggestions from consumers, due to legal considerations.

Is it just me or does that sound a bit condescending and rude?

gentle giants wrote:

Wow that kind of seems like a rude response, they should read every response from their CUSTOMERS , it is becauase of thier CUSTOMERS taht they have a buisness!!!! Wow we should show our interest with thier company by doing a boycott of thier unsolicited products, uck

I'm not surprised... when I checked my inbox this morning look what I found:

Code:
Thank you for contacting The Hershey Company.

Cash and product contributions are made to support a variety of worthy
causes and non-profit organizations. Particular emphasis is placed on
the needs of communities in which the company employs a substantial
number of people, and on programs and institutions reasonably related to
its business purposes and needs, while continuing to consider the broader
needs of society.  We must limit our support and regretfully decline
many worthy requests such as yours.  We wish you all the best in your
endeavors.

I haven't heard anything back from See's or Palmer's Candy, keeping my fingers crossed it won't be another rejection letter!

babysophiecat wrote:
I'm not surprised... when I checked my inbox this morning look what I found:

Code:
Thank you for contacting The Hershey Company.

Cash and product contributions are made to support a variety of worthy
causes and non-profit organizations. Particular emphasis is placed on
the needs of communities in which the company employs a substantial
number of people, and on programs and institutions reasonably related to
its business purposes and needs, while continuing to consider the broader
needs of society. We must limit our support and regretfully decline
many worthy requests such as yours. We wish you all the best in your
endeavors.

i like this response SSSSOOOOOOOOOOO much better then the one from Nestle. Hershey's response isnt rude.

Little Bay Poo wrote:
My parents actually heard the make mine chocolate campaign on the radio the other day, which I thought was pretty cool.
I've actually heard several radio spots about it around here. It seems that several of the stores that advertise on the radio have added a little PSA at the end of their commercials to remind people that bunnies are not disposable and if you are going to get one, to adopt.

I do agree that the wording of Nestle's reply IS rather rude, but I kind of understand the reasoning behind what they mean when they say they can't take unsolicited ideas for legal reasons. I was reading about this a while ago, if they take the suggestion of someone outside the company, that person can come back and sue them so most companies do not take suggestions from people unless they're having a contest or something. They don't even like getting suggestions because even if they already had a similar product or whatever in the works, the person who happened to suggest it can claim that the company stole their idea.

This was clearly a canned response though, you didn't have some cool new idea for marketing or a new product that they could profit from, you're just trying to help bunnies.

(I just got this from Nestle)

Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate your inquiry. Ralston Purina Company sold the animal and specialty feed business (except dog and cat food products) several years ago to Purina Mills Incorporated. For information regarding their products, please feel free to contact Purina Mills Incorporated at www.purina-mills.com or via their toll-free number 1-800-227-8941.

Again, thank you for visiting our web site.

Latest posts

Back