EASTER BUNNY BABIES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy

Reaction score
I would like to share with you all the growth and progress of our baby frenchies that were born on easter sunday.

As you may have seen in our thread in 'The Rabbitry'8 babieswere born on easter sunday and all seemed to be doing fine, and asupdated in that post we lost 1 yesterday......So now there is 7, butall seem to be healthy little babies.

I will post regular pics and updates on here of the babies so kep checking and enjoy watching them grow with me.

Kelly

Mum 'Daisy Moo'

maisy.jpg

Dad ' Blue'

blue1.jpg

Babies 2 days old

09042007215.jpg

09042007195.jpg

09042007220.jpg

Oh my, thats a BIG daddy!!! How big is mum compared to that?

You're actually quite close to me, shame i cant have another bunny,especially a monster like that! I've wanted a giant for ages,we have a big enough garden, not a big enough bunny house though.

Thanks for the replys,

Dad weighs approx 11lb now and mum is just a little smaller. The 2 picsthere were taken about 2mth aga so they are bigger than that now!!!

Our garden is huge so it is perfect for the bunnies, but the bunnyhouse was too small so I have just ordered a very large 'swiss lodge'type shed for them, which is to be delivered on wednesday.....I can'twait!!!!!!!

Shawn, where abouts are you in South Yorkshire?

Kelly.

Oh my, he is big. I'd persuade my mum to let mehave another, but as it is, I'm going to be at Uni in a year and ahalf.. so another bunny isnt very suitable. However, i'm probably goingto be living at home after the first year.. :D *plans*

The babies are 7days old today so heres some pics for you to compare against the one taken at 2days.

Their fur has started to show now, and if any one thinks they know whatcolor these little one are going to turn out, please let me know.

15042007273.jpg

15042007266.jpg

15042007271.jpg

15042007275.jpg

These 2 are the smallest in the litter

15042007287.jpg

And this is the biggest

15042007292.jpg

Compare sizes

15042007279.jpg

15042007281.jpg

15042007285.jpg

15042007286.jpg

Sorry for so many pics, but its so hard to choose which ones to

post!!!!

Kelly

Thanks for doing this thread, i am so jealous! iwant Blue, thats what i was after when i got my french lop but she isloads smaller :(it is lovely you have different colours inthe litter, not sure what they are though sorry.

They are so adorable! I love that bald/naked stage :D. Baby that is thebiggest is a sooty fawn (I can see that one for sure), black baby withwhite chin is the otter (prety darn sure about that one too), shadedbabies look to be seal points or smoke pearl. This is just me guessingso don't take it to be 100% ok. Is there one black or dark one too?

Thanks minilops for that,

There is the black one and we have 2 which are blue like dad.

When they are a little older and the colors are showing more I will post more pics so I can get help with their colors.

minilops wrote:
They are so adorable! I love that bald/naked stage :D. Baby that is thebiggest is a sooty fawn (I can see that one for sure), black baby withwhite chin is the otter (prety darn sure about that one too), shadedbabies look to be seal points or smoke pearl. This is just me guessingso don't take it to be 100% ok. Is there one black or dark one too?

Mostly I agree with you on colour minilops but just wanted tobutt in that the "black" baby looks chocolate to me! just wondering ifit is perhaps a chocolate otter? though it could just be my moniterthat is the problem :D.

The largest baby definately looks sooty fawn, some blues there too,looks like the baby at the back is either sooty fawn ororange (hard to tell) the others look to be more fawn or beige thansmoke pearl though.

-Chantel

Edit - I just realised that despite saying i agreed with minilops ihave rather ripped into her so i would like to say sorry, it was notdeliberate.

Hi hellsmistress,

The black is most definatly black with silver on the belly,behind the ears and a little around the nose.

As for the others im going to wait untill they are a little older and post some better pics for you all to see.

Kelly.

frenchy wrote:
Hi hellsmistress,

The black is most definatly black with silver on the belly,behind the ears and a little around the nose.

As for the others im going to wait untill they are a little older and post some better pics for you all to see.

Kelly.
Kelly,

Thanks for that obviously just a monitor prob :DI amborrowing my sisters laptop at the moment and it is becoming clear tome that the colours are whacked :?.

hehe it is usually hard (but oh so much fun) to work out their colourswhen they're young, I just had a kit that was 6 wks old before we couldwork out that he was a lynx! and then it was only because I took him toa show and there was a lady there that has bred lynx rexs:Dbut it was fun guessing!

- Chantel

Latest posts

Back