Easter Bunnies Have Arrived !!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy

Reaction score
This morning my French Lop 'Daisy Moo' has had her 1st litter of babies.

Everything went to plan she pulled loads of fur and made a lovely nest for them.

She gave birth to 8 healthy wriggly babies.:bunnydance:

Heres a few pics for now taken just after the birth, more to follow:

08042007171.jpg

08042007169.jpg

file000.jpg

I could not resit sharing these with you:

09042007195.jpg

09042007215.jpg

09042007205.jpg

look at the difference in size:

09042007223.jpg

09042007220.jpg

The black kit in the last 2 pics is one of the smallest in the litter, there is another as wel as him who is small, should they be ok even though they are smaller?

Ive checked them all this morning to make sure they are ok, all seen to be fine, i had a look at their tummies to see if mum was feeding them but can not really tell.

Is it possible she has not fed them yet ?

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, I don't know about breeding.

I just wanted to say congratulations! They are cute :bunnydance:

If I were in the UK that black one would be sold to me! if she is feeding them they should have nice round tummies, if they are shrivveled like a raisn then shen hasnt.

Oh how beautiful, we have at least 3 babies born easter sunday but im too scared to handle them incase mum neglets them

I was a little scared to handle them for that reason, but mum has really chilled out since their birth, and when ever I go to handle them I give mum a treat 1st and stroke her so I then have her scent on my hands.

She has been fine about it all, and considering she is a 1st time mum I am very pleased with how she is doing.....shes a natural.:)

They will grow so fast it will amaze you!

I have not had one mom reject her babies because of me handling them. And I have dealt with moms who had given birth at a noisy shelter then shipped to me when the babies where only days old. The mom's always fed their babies no matter how much I played with them.

The size differences should be okay. There are normally smaller and bigger babies in a litter. As long as the little ones seem to be feeding as much as the rest of them, they should do just fine. If you are worried about them, you can see if mom will give them an extra feeding once a day. Take the big guys out of the nest and put mom in the nest box while giving her treats/pets to keep her calm.

I love the little whiskers on the babies, so cute...

--Dawn

They are gorgeous i am so jealous lol, what colours do you think they are? Can i make a special request for a growing up post for them because i think my french lop is pregnant for her 2nd time, but both times with a dwarf lop dad so i would like to compare sizes.

I am SO jealous - it seems like it has been forever since I've had my last litter. Art saw them on the screen when he came over here and went, "oh...cuties!".

They are just adorable.

I don't think the small ones could be peanuts or anything - I just think they're runts...and I've had runts do fine!

Peg

Hi everyone, we have some sad news.......

We have been out all day so not had time to fully check the babies untill now, I went out this morning before we went out to feed DaisyMoo and all seemed ok.

Anyway, just brought the babies in for their daily cuddles and outcomes baby number 1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7.....NO BABY NUMBER 8 !!!!!

I frantically search the nest looking to find number 8, wondering if he is hidden somewhere......NOTHING !!!!!!

I go back to mums enclosure and sift through some of the piles of shavings on the floor.......NOTHING !!!!!

I then got my partner to also check and he finds the baby buried under the sawdust, in the corner where mum pees, hes dead.:tears2:Also mum was guarding this area, so she must have known.

I think he has probably been latched onto mum when she has jumped out of the nest from feeding and died from the cold through the night.

So we now have just 7 babies, but all seem to be doing fine, even the 2 small ones.

I have also just witnessed for the first time mum feeding them, which wasre-assuring.

Anyway.....I am going to start a thread inbunny blogsto record the progress of the babies (as requestedby grumpybabies)so please take a look and enjoy their progress with me. I will also need help identifying what colors they are.

I have sold 4 already to friend and family, that was the main reason for the breeding, the others will be advertised and we will find good homes for them.

I am so pleased with the way mum is, to say this is her first litter she has been brill with everything concerning the babies.

She is still grumpy towards me but I can live with that if she is taking good care af the little ones. lol

kelly

Back