Earthquake

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsy

Reaction score
Ok I was on the computer earlier today and myhouse shaked shaking, we felt two tremors. The first time I was likewtf and thougt I was imagioning it or if it was like War of the Worlds,the second time I noticed everything on my desk stake shaking, I waslike ahh. Then my dad came into my room and was like what the hell areyou doing. (Our upstairs shakes when someone is running around orsomething, but neverr this hard) My mom was downstairs and didn't evennotice it, neither did my rabbit. It was so werid cause we aren't evennever an edge of a plate. If you've ever been closer than 3 miles of aspace shuttle taking off, it felt like that(the ground shakes).

Last night it was storming so bad, the streets had more than 1ft of water and the lightnining once every 3 secounds serousily.

Whats werid is the other day some kid and I were talking and he saidthat we'd never feel an earthquake cause theres we are like right inthe middle of a plate.
---------------------------

Me and my dad didnt know if our house was falling down or if it was anearthquake until I found this posted. Did anyone else in Florida feelit? For all those late risers you missed it!

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/9/10/181623.html

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=838738&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

We got an earthquake once. I feltit! I was in my bed and it was about2 amatnight and my bed shook and I heard my wardrobe evenshaking. I thought It was a poltagues (sp) like the bedshaking on that film the poltagues.

The next day everyone was talking about it at school.

I just looked it up and it was on September 23rd2002.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2275158.stm

It wasnt a big one, theres a pictureof the most damage that was made hehe.

I've lived all over the US, and wasn't here inCA during the 94 earthquake, but definitely felt the one in either 99or 2000 when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was the onethat was in Joshua Tree. Scared the boogers outtame! It was the first real good shakin' earthquake I'd everfelt.

About a month ago, there were loads of small tremors here in CA,too. Went on for about a week, just all night long and duringthe day (from what I could feel). I didn't get much sleep...Ithink every little one woke me up. Hehe!

But, yes, we do get them quite frequently here in CA. I'm notworried though...I generally just view things like that as if it's theEarth doing what she does best...constantly changing.:)

Here's the site I check out with earthquakes. I don't know ifit includes earthquakes for other areas of the country, but it gives agood idea of just how many we have here in CA. :)

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

I live really close to the epicenter of the 94quake, just a few towns away. But now I go to school on theother side of the hill. It's weird when I talk about it topeople who didn't have much damage at all, just weren't affected, thenI see pictures or what I can remember of it closer to my house, it'samazing how different it is just a little bit away.

We live about a mile and a half fromthe epicenter of the '89 earthquake, on the uphill side, and there'sanother small fault about half a mile up hill from us, so we haveplenty of earthquakes. They're rather interesting, though. I like them.

It's funny...I'm interested in them, andafterward have to laugh, but during the quake, I'm quitescared! Hehe...I think ultimately when I know I'm fine, Idon't think it's scary, but during...I dunno...maybe the fear of "is itgoing to get worse?" or some such. :?

Over here we are waiting for a huge earthquaketo happen since the last big earthquake was 80 years ago and bystatistics they say that every 50 years a huge one comes.:shock:

Latest posts

Back