Earthquake in China

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you okay, Chinabun?:tears2:

It's very upsetting, I've seen it on the news. Such a tragedy, it's ashame. I feel so badly for those foiks.:(

My continued thoughts and prayers are with all of you. (I hope you're okay, gosh, I'm worried, now:(.)

It's devastating. The first reports were bad but it's so horrible now..... all the lives and terrible injuries....

:pray:

I'm sorry I haven't updated you! It's because things are normal where I live, and I didn't think about it. I read online every day about what is happening down in Sichuan Province, and it's so sad. I read that they had a strong aftershock Friday afternoon, but I'm too far away to feel it.

Thanks for the concern shown here.

My students are all sleeping on the soccer field tonight. Some did last night. There have been ridiculous predictions of quakes coming again. Somewhere, someone has forgotten that You Can't Predict Earthquakes! The school officials believed the rumors and forbid the students from sleeping in the dorms. Even some teachers' families are on the soccer field. I went there tonight. At least it's organized and the students are in good spirits, though annoyed. I brought a couple of articles I found online saying that Chinese gov't experts are now on TV warning people to not believe the rumors. I hoped they would help my students to sleep better.

JulieW and others in earthquake areas, do people get all irrational after a big quake? I don't mean those who experienced the brunt of the quake, but those further out, like me.

Also, a student asked me if Americans would sleep outside if they heard that there might be another aftershock. I said I didn't know.

My husband used to live on Kodiak in Alaska - he was just telling me this morning about everytime they had a tremor packing his family up and taking them to the base (he is retired military.) because they never knew when they were going to get hit full force. I imagine people act irrational after a quake because of the terror caused by one. He lived most of his life in California too - and lived in San Fran so he's dealt with this. I never have. We were watching video on the news this morning and the sheer terror that a quake like would cause... I can't even imagine. My heart breaks for those people who have lost everything and their loved ones. I can't imagine the fear they felt and will probably continue to.

ChinaBun wrote:
Also, a student asked me if Americans would sleep outside if they heard that there might be another aftershock. I said I didn't know.

I lived in California when they had the Northridge quake in 1994. After the quake, the parks in Los Angeles were filled with people living in tents for weeks afterwards because they were afraid to return to return to their homes due toaftershocks.

Latest posts

Back