Earless Rabbit Sparks Worries About Radiation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeman45

Reaction score
So is it a coinkydink, or radiation? Is it normal for a rabbit to be born without ears once in a while?

[ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=141_1307634809]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=141_1307634809[/ame]

That's really odd, but I think they should wait and see if more birth defects happen before panicking about this, it could have been natural coincidence...

on another note I've always wondered what a bunny would look like without ears, it looks like a snowball. I think it's kind of cute.

I'm willing to bet his mom overgroomed him and bit his ears off or something. My Nedders only has 1 ear but that's because another rabbit at the animal shelter attacked him, not because he's a mutant :D That little bunny sure is cute in any case!

What evidence do they purport to have that the bunny was born that way? Have personally seen bunnies without ears before--one was due to a bunny fight and got them bit off and the other was the result of a sadistic teenager in Fairfield, California.

rabbit-ears_1210320i.jpg

This bunny (which is SOOO cute) was born without ears apparently, and they don't live anywhere near radiation... I think it's just a coincidence. :]

That earless Dutch is so cute! Ned says earless bunnies are special:

IMG_1789resized.jpg

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, just couldn't resist posting my boy.

I'm willing to bet his mom overgroomed him and bit his ears off or something. My Nedders only has 1 ear but that's because another rabbit at the animal shelter attacked him, not because he's a mutant That little bunny sure is cute in any case!

There was more of the story posted somewhere else. That is the conclusion, that the mother over groomed.

Latest posts

Back