ear mites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanna

Reaction score
I purchased a 6 month old NZ who is about 2 weeks pregnant; palpated.
I didn't know at the time of setting up the purchase that she had mites :( So, I took her home and treated her with oil. I have kept her quarantined from the others. I treated her again about 16 hours later and put her in her real cage. Everything has been wiped and disinfected several times!!

So, my 12 day mark for treatment with oil again, is about 2 days after she delivers :(

Any great advice on how to proceed? With the babies' ears not open, can I treat her with oil and then disinfect everything, change bedding etc and be ok? How often do I need to oil every 2 weeks? My rabbits are inside, so weather is not an issue for the babies. Would it be better to use the meds and can meds be used on a momma to be?

Thanks!

Revolution (Selamectin) is considered safe for use in pregnant and lactating animals. It's a topical parasiticide (applied similarly to advantage) that you can get as a prescription from your veterinarian. One dose of revolution typically clears up ear mites.

Latest posts

Back