Ear Mites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonbon_643

Reaction score
As some know Bonnie is a road rescue, I noticed that she has been scratching her ears which I thought was normal at first but then I started to look in her ears and discovered she has ear mites. I did some research and a lady said to put some oil in the ear and I guess the oil would just go away in a couple of days. Is it safe to do this? And what are some other things I could do to kill these mites?

These are pictures of her ear and one picture of the mites (their hard to see sorry)

IMG_7582.jpgIMG_7583.jpgIMG_7579.jpg

Oil is fine, I used baby oil. Twice a day a few drops, for a week, repeat after a week to get any that hatched after the first treatment.

Update I put some drops of coconut oil in that ear and it loosened up the curst and some of it just fell out. Most of the mites seem to be gone but I can still see some so I will keep putting drops of coconut oil in her ear until I don't see any and it has healed up for the most part. Also, a week after that just to catch any eggs that hatched. Thanks for all the tips!!

Latest posts

Back