ear infection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlygirl

Reaction score
I just got back from the vet, and my bunny has infections in both ears. His only symptom was that he was scratching them and shaking his head alot, I looked in them & didn't see anything. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the medications they gave me - one is called Epi-Otic, it's an ear wash. And the other is called MalOtic (gentamicin sulfate). On the tube it says it's for dogs - is it safe for the bunny. The vet told me to make sure he doesn't eat any, so now I'm kind of afraid to use it. He also HATES to be held, so I have no idea how I'm going to get this stuff into his ears. Any info anyone has would be a huge help - Thank you!!

Andrea

Amber had an ear infection a few months ago and we were given an earwash called Oti-Rinse (which I assume is simmilar to Epi-Otic). We were also given an antibacterial ear solution. I don't know how that compares to MalOtic, but we were also told to not let her eat it. I wouldn't worry.

As for giving the treatments, that was a pain for us too. If you have another person around, have him/her restrain your bunny on the floor or a table while you clean and medicate the ears.

Good luck,
Matt:cool:

We used cotton balls. However, we were cautioned to not stick them too far down the ear canal.

Latest posts

Back