E-Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
I had a littlebrainstorm. Tis the time of the year when people are wanting to helpthe less fortunate. Many of us on this forum are financially strappedbut would really like to give at the Holidays. I have an idea. What ifwe do a spin off of the e-bay idea and call it E-bunny? I know severalpeople here on the forum have things that they make, craft, or hobby.Someone was doing pet hammocks, someone had some beautiful drawings.I'd considerstarting things out with that photo of QueenCarolyn that not many of you got to see before I felt obligated toretract it from public viewing...

We could do this for a week or two and then donate our proceeds to acharity from our forum. I have the creative juices to come up withthis, but someone else with far more knowledge of technical stuff thanI have would have to figure out the logistics of it all. And of coursewe would have to get Carolyn and the Administrator's permission.

I just thought it might be a thoughtful and giving thing that we couldall do together, kind of like the big family that we've become.Strength in numbers you know! Let me know what you think.

Raspberry

I think it's a great idea Raspberry. I'm not sure how to execute something like this though.

Ok, I really am very curious as to the Queen Carolyn thing now too.

I will kill you if you bring that picture up again. That is not an option...just put that out of your brain!!

As to the idea, it's a great one! I'm not sure that I have any particular talent, but will have to think about it.

I'd like to even suggest that charity starts at home. Since this forumis free to all of us, what about giving something back to the founderof it: Danielle, the Administrator, or at least letting her pick herfavorite charity and give in our honor?

Danielle lost her hand in a very bad accident years ago. Imagine howlong it would take to type all of what she does with only one hand?

The only thing I can think of off-hand is that some people, yourself,let's say, Raspberry, also MyBunnyBoys, Dwarf_Angel04 have a realtalent for photography. Perhaps something in that area? Don't know. I'mnot crafty.

I suppose it wouldn't be terribly difficult if each one of us made onesquare for a quilt and then had someone put it all together. That'sanother idea. I don't know how to do it, but it can't be that hard tofigure out. Of course, it would have to be a rabbit theme.

:)

Setting it up and going through the logistics wouldn't be hard at all as to selling it on E-bay.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Iwill kill you if you bring that picture up again. That is not anoption...just put that out of your brain!!

-Carolyn
You are so easily riled up! :cool:

You have some really good ideas! I lovethe idea of helping out Danielle. I also like the quilt idea. I wonderif we could do anything cool with a calendar or stationary/note cardswith photos of our bunnies? You are right, I'm sure many ofus have an E-bay account so that part would be easy too.

You're such a brain! :dude:

Raspberry

*giggles* And you're such a Troublemaker! ;)

A calendar or notecards are a great idea. Don't know how much you'dreally raise for a calendar on ebay, but we could sell it here for areasonable price. It'd be fun to pick our favorite 12 pictures as well.

-Carolyn

As for the calendar... I will check with my mumtomorrow as to whether or not the church still has its bindingtools. If it does, I am sure I could print them and bind themat the church, as long as a portion of the money goes for the supplies,unless someone wants to donate them ;)

I think the pictures of our buns for a calendar is a WONDERFUL idea =)the big problem... is chosing which ones get a 'centerfold' hehe

Yes, I do like the calendar idea as well.

We could have a vote and post all of our favorite pictures. It wouldreally be a group effort. I'd definitely buy a calendar, but we'd haveto get to it right away.

Also thought of a cookbook, but not sure we'd get many recipes.

-Carolyn

hase183.gif
Ooooohh!How exciting. I think it's a great idea. How about doing a couple ofcollage pictures to feature morebunnies?- Jan

Great Idea - Luvabun!

Well, Raspberry Swirl...put up a post asking for pictures.

When will there be a vote?

Secret Ballot would be the way to go...

Who will be Mr. or Ms. January?

-Carolyn

Buns for Every Season

Maybe we should think aboutnifty waysto picture them...

Buns in the Sun for the June picture

Pumpkins and Buns for October...or Large Breeds in honor of Night of the Lepus ;)

I love the calendar idea :)

Carolyn wrote:
Who will be Mr. or Ms. January?
If I had any good winter ones I'd say Mocha or Spice because, oh say, perhaps it's someone's birthday month, lol.

I can't even get new winter ones to enter when we vote because NO SNOW! It all melted. :(

You've got it, Elf Mommy. Calendar pictures are more fun when they'reseasonal. Keep it in mind as you're snapping those photos.

:) Yay!

A Calendar it is...now where's that Raspberry Swirl to Kick it Off??

Laura, the pictures you have in the snow are gorgeous, no doubt. I alsoloved the Christmas pictures you took of them last Spring. They werestunning.

-Carolyn

Generally, November has fall colors (althoughthat's not always the case), December, January, February and sometimesMarch are the snow ones. But it doesn't matter. :)What everworks for us, works.

But then again, I just remembered that we havefall colors all over outside now and can snap more pictures tomorrowand it's supposed to snow on Sunday so there is a possibility of winterphotos yet. But I don't want pictures of my bunnies put in if there arebetter ones and I know there are lots of those.

The snow ones ofMocha and Spice would be perfect winter month ones. It doesn't matterwhat month they were actually taken, it's whatever it makes yoursubconscious think....Probably what we need to do is start everyonedoing searches for the photos and posting them to a different threadthat is used primarily for photos only. Trying to keep the chit chat toa minimum on that thread.Maybe number the photos as eachperson posts them. We'd have to have names and such too. We could startthe thread out with instructions. In those instructions we should tellpeople that much can be done with editing and graphics programs, so notto worry if a picture isn't perfect. I also think the collage ideamight be worth pursuing so that we can include more of our buns.Narrowing it down to twelve would be prettypainful!

Then on this thread we could continue towork through the technical end of the rest of what we are going todo.

Raspberry

Sounds like a Plan, Director!

Set the stage!

-Carolyn

This is a great idea! I'll try to come up withsome snazzy way to photography Winston, although I'm a little dubiousabout what the results might be.... Oooh I just had an idea! I couldgive Winston some eggs and he'll be the Easter bunny! Hehe oh the shamethat he is about to be put through...

Also I'd love to donate some hammocks if you want. Let me know!

Beth :)

Latest posts

Back