Dyscalculic

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so you're not 'stupid'. You have strengths like anyone else.

Don't pin all your hopes on having discalcula though because everyone has strengths and weaknesses in education and i doesn't mean you have a disorder, it just means you have strengths and weaknesses. Yes, you may have it, but equally you may not. It's definitely worth looking into, but don't pin all your hopes on it, that's all.

personally. i hope i dont have it!
lol. i dont think any one wants it.
i dont want it to be cheaked out because it might not have it so i would be stupid...

ok. i just need to do my maths homework. ill have it done for 7 o clock, then go out side

i just finished my maths homework. it was only one question.... and it was draw apolygon graph......
god that was long

Hi Elena,
Have you ever had an assesment done in school, either in primary or secondary? It does sound like you have some from of dyslexia. Do you receive any special help in school? Usually if they feel you are struggling in school the teacher/teachers will talk to your parents about getting an assesment done. My younger brother has mild dyslexia, he was worse when he was younger though and had trouble writing letters and stuff correctly. His teacher advised an assesment and he got it done, they knew how to help him better, now he is well above average in everything, he is twelve and now reading at an age 16 level. With the right help and teachers it can be helped, it can't be cured but can be helped alot. Your mother should talk to your principal or who ever is responsible for dealing with these type of things about getting an assesment, they will send someone in to assess you and they will get a report back about what your weak point are and what your good points are and what can be done to help

Even some of the biggest stars like Keira Knightly have dyslexia so it really isn't the end of the world. If you are determined and have lot's of support and help you can amount to as much as anyone else :)

Hey like Tracy said if you don't have it doesn't mean your stupid! Otherwise it would mean I'm stupid too! I am absolutly hopeless at maths! I just can't do it!!
But Good luck with whatever happens :)

irishbunny wrote:
Hi Elena,
Have you ever had an assesment done in school, either in primary or secondary? It does sound like you have some from of dyslexia. Do you receive any special help in school? Usually if they feel you are struggling in school the teacher/teachers will talk to your parents about getting an assesment done. My younger brother has mild dyslexia, he was worse when he was younger though and had trouble writing letters and stuff correctly. His teacher advised an assesment and he got it done, they knew how to help him better, now he is well above average in everything, he is twelve and now reading at an age 16 level. With the right help and teachers it can be helped, it can't be cured but can be helped alot. Your mother should talk to your principal or who ever is responsible for dealing with these type of things about getting an assesment, they will send someone in to assess you and they will get a report back about what your weak point are and what your good points are and what can be done to help

Even some of the biggest stars like Keira Knightly have dyslexia so it really isn't the end of the world. If you are determined and have lot's of support and help you can amount to as much as anyone else :)
i just laughed. i have dyslexia in maths!:blushan: no, really thats what it is. scientist dont no the link.
lol.
my primary teacher bullied me, so i did not get any thing done. even though it was offiouse....
-------------------------------------------------
i dont get special help in school. im just like the normal student.
my mum is going to ask my form and maths teacher questions.
but she is in london.surry till monday. but she will.

Becca wrote:
Hey like Tracy said if you don't have it doesn't mean your stupid! Otherwise it would mean I'm stupid too! I am absolutly hopeless at maths! I just can't do it!!
But Good luck with whatever happens :)
but i am really.
sfter the 00:30 point in a clock. i dont know what time it is....
i cant do basic maths.
i cant count backwards...
i dont know my times tables.
i really have no clue what a sqaure root is....
and percent and mean stuff.
dont even say mental maths.....:shock: :pssd:

Listen missy :p Don't put yourself down!! Your not stupid!
I can't do mental maths either! I got 3 out of 30 today!!! And 10 out of 55 in another Maths test (oh yeaah baby I'm a good guesser) I can't do my times tables past 6.... I can't do percentages! But if you do get diagnosed with this you will get help and if you don't people will still know you are struggling and get you help too :)

I can't do maths either so don't worry about it, your either good at things like English, geo, history or your a maths person. I'm barely scrapping by on a pass level in maths

I have it! :nerves1I hated that it was found till I finished school! :X I just took a assement test and poof I did have it. I can do basic math, balance bank accounts, pay bills... Beyond that nothing.

Becca wrote:
Listen missy :p Don't put yourself down!! Your not stupid!
I can't do mental maths either! I got 3 out of 30 today!!! And 10 out of 55 in another Maths test (oh yeaah baby I'm a good guesser) I can't do my times tables past 6.... I can't do percentages! But if you do get diagnosed with this you will get help and if you don't people will still know you are struggling and get you help too :)
i think i have become used to it in the house

JadeIcing wrote:
I have it! :nerves1I hated that it was found till I finished school! :X I just took a assement test and poof I did have it. I can do basic math, balance bank accounts, pay bills... Beyond that nothing.
so, you just took an assenent test.. in school? how did you get it?

irishbunny wrote:
I can't do maths either so don't worry about it, your either good at things like English, geo, history or your a maths person. I'm barely scrapping by on a pass level in maths
13 out 100.
2 out of 10.
3 tests. -0
i have nt passed a test for ages.

OMG (Sorry for hijacking thread)guess what I got in a practise GCSE maths test today................. U!! Which means 'ungraded' because the mark was so rubbish :)
It was either A*, A, B, C, D, E then you got know mark - whoopsie!!
Glad your mum is going into school :)

irishlops wrote:
Flashy wrote:
It's far better for the parent to be able to do the talking, so yes, her talking to your teacher would be a good idea.
:)
im glad i might not be just stupid

I had and still have problems with math problems or maths as it is called across the pond - was never diagnosed with a "problem" back when I was young but probably should have been.

My oldest son was a special education student - we worked with his teachers,a psychologist and his counselors to come up with an individualized education program for him (an IEP here in the States) and it helped him out a lot. He graduated with a NY State Regents diploma and he is in college right now, and they have modified his lessons there to keep him on track.

Andy thought he was "stupid" - please don't think you are stupid - in the game of learning, think of a math lesson as a house. Many students can get in through the front door - special education just helps you find alternate ways to "get in" to learn, like through a back door, a window - whatever works for you.

Good luck!

Denise

Becca wrote:
OMG (Sorry for hijacking thread)guess what I got in a practise GCSE maths test today................. U!! Which means 'ungraded' because the mark was so rubbish :)
It was either A*, A, B, C, D, E then you got know mark - whoopsie!!
Glad your mum is going into school :)
snaps. i got a test and could only do the symitery, and skipped all 10 pages...:(
i cant wait to see her face when she marks it....

DeniseJP wrote:
irishlops wrote:
Flashy wrote:
It's far better for the parent to be able to do the talking, so yes, her talking to your teacher would be a good idea.
:)
im glad i might not be just stupid

I had and still have problems with math problems or maths as it is called across the pond - was never diagnosed with a "problem" back when I was young but probably should have been.

My oldest son was a special education student - we worked with his teachers,a psychologist and his counselors to come up with an individualized education program for him (an IEP here in the States) and it helped him out a lot. He graduated with a NY State Regents diploma and he is in college right now, and they have modified his lessons there to keep him on track.

Andy thought he was "stupid" - please don't think you are stupid - in the game of learning, think of a math lesson as a house. Many students can get in through the front door - special education just helps you find alternate ways to "get in" to learn, like through a back door, a window - whatever works for you.

Good luck!

Denise
im glad your son is getting on great!

Latest posts

Back