Dwarf_Angel's Photos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
by the way, all your rabbits are amazing, i hope u win future shows, and stuff, we have a 3 day old batch of 4 babies right now, they are so precious, im sorry that i got on your back so quick without reading the facts. i think its stupid people would want u to keep sick rabbits, thats not even fair to the animals.

I might very well tick someone off right now, but this is what I think:

Dwarf_Angel is a wonderful girl, loving pet person, responsible and caring breeder and although I don't know her personally; she is dear to my heart for we found out here early on that I knew her cousin before he passed away at the age of 9 and I know her aunt.Where I come from that means they are "my own" and we stand up for "our own" when needed. Call me a hick or whatever, I don't really care! :DI'm proud to have a heart and to care about those around me.

I am livid and in shock that anyone would say one thing about a situation like this when they have not walked in her shoes!If you don't know what it's like to have a herd, if you don't know what it's like to live in the country and raise animals for meat, if you don't have a sick doe who you love dearly and her kits you waited for and love and want them to be fine..... but they can't, don't EVEN try to judge her.

For anyone who hasn't been here to know what kind of breeder she is to call her out is pathetic.

D_A made a very hard but mature and responsible decision. One that I personally would have had a hard time handling. She's hurt, sad, and dealing with losses that she can only know! Forthose reprimanding and/or questioningher for doing the best she knows how (and I think was the right decision) ... I would LOVE to see their PERFECT life. Life isn't perfect. Sometimes it's really hard. I'm proud of D_A for handling this situation as she did; a responsible person.

In a world where the teens are rude, uncontrolled, unfocused, and completely irresponsible at times; it's good to see a decent girl such as D_A. For someone to attack her for doing what is appropriate in these circumstances..... it is just appalling tome! I hope my own 2 kids have some of what I see in her as they get older!

She would NEVER have bred a sick doe. She would never put them down if she could have fixed the problem.

I am a person who sees things good in life; sees the beauty in everyone; sees the good part of people who might not look "good" to you. Some would say I was looking through rose-colored glasses. They might be right, but if they are, those of you who have this perfect vision of how things should go must be wearing selective blinders!

TO DWARF_Angel (you know I hate typing that _ in there lol):

I'm so sorry you lost this doe and the kits. I know how much they were loved and how hard it must have been. I am praying that the rest of the herd is ok. As I said, I am so proud of you for making the choice not to let them suffer and allow the others to be exposed and suffer as well. I know the snuffles is awful for them to go through and how horrible it can be for a herd.

(((((((hugs to you from your friends in Indiana))))))))

Dwarf angel I am so sorry about your precious little babies, you did the best thing for them. I know how painful it can be to have a rabbit put to sleep let alone a mother and her babies.I am sorry for your loss.:(

i look up to u dwarf angel, u did things that most people wouldn't, and you have the most amazing and cleanest and healthiest looking bunnies. u sound so nice too, its a pleasure to have u on this forum, i wish i could attempt what you do, u dedicate your life to these rabbits, and it shows, you do everything best in there interest

OMG Dwarf_Angel! that's sooo hard! :( im soo sorry! and that person had NO right to do that to you! you were looking out for them and they rest of your heard! i also had to put a dog to sleep 8 years ago.. and now whenever i hear about an animal being put to sleep i just start to cry.. i know it had to be for a good reason..i just cant imagen how hard that had to be on you! i still cry for my dog that had to be put to sleep 8 years ago! my friend had abused that privleadge (well her dad did) and her cat had kittens well they found a home for 3 of them but they couldnt for a orange one and then he didnt want the mom anymore.. so he made them put the momma cat and her baby to sleep! its just hard! i wanted to become a vet before my dog was put to sleep now i refuse to! because i would just burst out crying in front of the owners.. and i couldnt do that.. i hope everything is all okay now!

i had 2 dogs put to sleep, its heartbreaking, and so hard, i feel for u, an di pray for ur herd and u

Oh, no, D_A, i'm just reading up on this topic, i feel so awful for you:(. it must've been so hard for you to make the descision, :(i hope you don't take to heart what DazedAConfused said,the most important thing to remember is that you did the right thing. If you need ANYTHING you can contact me through PM to get my E-mail or just to simply talk to me through PM. i know how heartbreaking it is to put animals down.

this past summer inJune, one of our cats affectionatly named"MommaKitty" had a litter of four kittens. I noticed that after about thesecond week, the kittens were constantly mewing and losing weight, i later found out that MommaKitty and been hit and died on the way to the animal hospital (the lady who hit her was compassionate). i took in the four kittens, named: Becky, Bubbles, Mischief and Popcorn.Well, they grew fat and healthy,one sunday, about a week afteri began to hand-rear them, i was brushing myteeth when my momscrambled up the stairs and yelled, "Ellie, i think you need to come down here,quick!" i was in the middle of brushing my teeth and wanted to know ifitcould wait, she replied, "something happenedto one of the kittens.

Well, it turns out a baby gate had crashed onto Popcorn, who had gotten loose. I forgot that there was toothpaste in my mouth and rushed to comfort the tiny kitten. Four days later he died, i cried so hard that day, i had seen them come into this world, and my mother let me miss church that sunday to let him leave leave this world. The little trooper hung on for four days!it was so depressing when i woke up that morning to see his lifeless body:(. i felt like my own child had died and left me....

Luckily, no more animals have died on our farm since, although i just found out today that Bubbles was limping horribly. i rushed her inside and asked my mom what to do. She told me to feel for fractures or breaks. I think she may have gotten the one toe caught in something,had the one toe run over or the toe fractured...taking her to the vet,sadly, is out of the question. my parents don't really get that animals DO need doctors every now and then, there's not a lot i can do, i'm a minor and don't have a job/car. that's why i'm going to become a vet, i have the heart to take care of ANY sick animal, it pained me to see poor Bubbles in so much pain. i'm really glad i got a veterinary referrence guide for christmas. i've been able to treat all our animals' ailments.

Hopefully, i can treat it myself, can't you give a half of an advil to cats? or is that just dogs?

Ellie

I find that losing one of my pets for whatever reason, is like losing a part of my family.

A wise vet once told me "when it becomes more pain than pleasure" or"continuing their life would be more pain or suffering than pleasure"that's when it should be decided to give them a dignified end.

He told me this when I was trying to decide what to do about my beloved cat. I knew immediately it was more pain for him.He couldn't even get up to come love me and lick my knees like he always did. That alone hurt him and me. He cried and cried for me to come to him and when I did.... he loved me ....

Why would I allow my "friend" to suffer like that? I wouldn't. He deserved more.

I have a comment on all this bickering back and forth about who is right and who is in the wrong... Here is a minor example, I bought a bunny and I KNEW she was some what sick but i was told TREATABLE... I tried to treat her and I noticed about a month later then her ears had about 4 inches of crusty, red build up, and I went into panic, and I certainly didnt have the 65.00 dollars for the emergency vet, nor the 40 for the regular vet. But I ended up taking her and found out she had a GOD AWFUL case of ear mites, which was a susprise to me cause no one has ear mites in this house hold, and Iknew it came from the pet store, so I had two options one A. pay the vet bills and get the problems fixed or B. put her down...but it depends on your situation, if I didnt have the funds and it was OUTRAGOUSLY expansive, i wouldnt be able to pay for her bills, - Her bills totalled out to be 128.00 now to some people thats not that much,but to me who works and goes to college full times that is something hard to deal with. One cant be judged upon a situation because one isnt in the same situation. You could never possible understand unless you are there to understand. Its one thing to bring forth a comment ..."heres my email get a hold of me if something happens again i could help ..." and its one thing to put someone down for a descion that is made.. ."heres my email and by the way that was a sh*tty thing that u did to those kits..."... and not saying that was said, but I bet every last one of you has a heart SOOO BIG- because it takes a lot of patience, time, money and effort to take care of pets in general... I know I have eight bunnies, and its very hard, but i deal. But it is NO ONES place to put me down for that - you know. There is enough cruel people in the world,here in this forum (not to sound like a sap ) but we should be encouraging and helpful. (BIG SMILE) i hope I didnt hurt anyones feelings but I am just an honest open person>I appreacite all of your guys help and understanding. I just hope my comment makes some sense on this issue thank you aay-

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Dwarf_Angel is a wonderful girl, loving pet person,responsible and caring breeder and although I don't know her personally; she is dear to my heart for we found out here early on that I knew her cousin before he passed away at the age of 9 and I know her aunt. Where I come from that means they are "my own" and west and up for "our own" when needed. Call me a hick or whatever, I don't really care! :DI'm proud to have a heartand to care about those around me.

TO DWARF_Angel (you know I hate typing that _ in there lol):

I'm so sorry you lost this doe and the kits. I know how much they were loved and how hard it must have been. I am praying that the rest of the herd is ok. As I said, I am so proud of you for making the choice not to let them suffer and allow the others to be exposed and suffer as well. I know the snuffles is awful for them to go through and how horrible it can be for a herd.

(((((((hugs to you from your friends in Indiana))))))))
I don't have time to reply to everyone but just had to reply to Bo B Bunny's post.

Let me first take ya'll down memory lane.

In June of 2002 my 8 yr old cousin was killed when a car hit himwhile he was riding his bike back to his house. He was going back to ask his mom if he could go swimming at his friends house. Like any death it has a huge affect on the family. Aaron was the sweetest boy you could come across and I'm not saying that because he was my cousin. This child lived two TOTALLY seperate lives. When he was at his father's house he didn't speak of his life at his mothers house and vice versa. He had a love to learn anything and everything which reminded me so much of Matthew Nock. After meeting Matthew I realized it even more! Well, I had posted on this message board about Aaron. I had said his first name, how he died and posted a picture of him with his hogs. As soon as I posted this post I got a PM from Bo B Bunny. She was asking me loads of questions about Aaron which at the time had me scared. I wasn't willing to give out information about Aaron and his life to a 'stranger'. Well, she finally blurted out.. "I was his babysitter and he took his first steps in my house." Thats all that it took and I put her in contact with my aunt.They now email back and forth to each other.

I can understand why my aunt had picked Bo B to be her son's babysitter. The two are so much alike! Except my aunt has a love for birds and Bo B is for rabbits. :p

I have yet to meet Bo B in person but I hope to in the future.;)Except I would goto Indyso she doesn't run off with a Dwarf Hotot kit in her pocket. LOL!

Bo B.. I'm classified as a hick too then LOL! I seem like you're one of my own as well. I feel like I know you better then anyone else on this message board for the most part as I know someone real well who is new to the board.

I have two message boards that I really adore. For some reason both of these message boards have a connection to me with Aaron. One message board I was in a chat when I got the phone call that my cousin had been hit by a car. The other message board would be here for the simple connection to Bo B and of course the other members as well. ;)

I thank everyone for their support. Its hard to put down any rabbit or animal for that matter. However, theres been 6 deaths lately that have hit hard. 5 being this doe and her kits as well as my official herd buck back in Decemeber.

I could go on forever but I've gotta get off of here and get ready for a show tomorrow. :D

~*~Amanda~*~

*NOTE: I normally don't discuss my 'personal life' but thought since BoB mention Aaron and the whole meeting on here that I should go in a little more depth about it for people who don't know the 'connection'.

Hey this is Babbit lovers sis, all the posts before the last one babbit lover posted were from me, she got kind of irritated i was on her account instead of mine, so all my posts will continue under this name. sorry for any confusion

:)Good luck at the show tomorrow, Amanda!

Things are going to perk up now.... spring is coming and everything turns new again! :)

ooooooooooooh u have a show tommorow, LUCKY!!! idont think any of my rabbits are pure (can anyone clarify if they areor not) good luck, with those amazing rabbits, all those other rabbitshave no chance, no chance at all, ur rabbits will win no matter what,but i will still say a prayer for you

Hey Dwarf Angel,

Just wanted to send you hugs. I'm becoming an avian breederandI understand how hard this decision was for you, but itwas without a doubt the right decision. You could have placed them upfor adoption with the owner knowing of their health issues, but itcould have put other animals at risk, you could have kept them yourself, but that could have risked the health of your own animals. I knowit was VERY hard for you, but it was the right thing to do, and you didit anyway. I hope that as I become more involved in avian breeding thatI have the same courage as you have.

Megan

D.A. did what she had to do *hugs* it's a hard thing breeding/raising any type of animals, whether it's for show or otherwise. and as a responsible person, she did what was necessary and the best for her herd.

I honestly wanted to quote everyone of Bo B Bunny's posts here, because I think she said things in the very best way.

I feel so incredibly bad for Dwarf_Angel. I absolutely cannot imagine making that sort of decision, I must have just been awful. Unfortunately when you have a group of animals, you must look out for the masses. I had planned on adopting a rabbit a couple of months back, but then found out it had pasturella. Between myself and my friend who had been fostering the rabbit, we made the decision that putting it down would be the best thing for the bunny. It was suffering terribly and even though we could have treated the symptoms, that was the extent of what we could have done. We decided, well, more I decided that I had to look out for my other rabbits and their welfare. It was awful. My friend's rabbits had been exposed to this bunny so they all had to have cultures done and it was quite expensive. The money was not the motivation, but rather the health of the other rabbits concerned.

No one here can possibly know how hard this decision was for her. Only she can know how very ill those kits and doe were and how they were suffering. Whenever a young animal is that sick, the odds of it surviving are very low, so the most humane thing to do was to put them down. Pasturella can be a terrible disease and the transfer of it to an entire herd is just unfathomable.

I was told by my vet when I had to have my young dog put down last spring after she was hit by a car (and I love and miss her so much, I'm still crying as I type this, so the decision was not in anyway selfishly motivated): No matter how short their lives are, animals live their entire lives selflessly and only give us unconditional love. We, as humans are inherently selfish, and the one selfless thing we can do for our pets is to end their pain when they are suffering. Letting them go when it is their time is the mostcaring thing we can do for them and the only truly selfless thing we can offer them.

I completely support Dwarf_Angel in her decision, although I cannot even imagine how hard it had to be for her. I also must say that she has made me fall in love with dwarf hotots! Good luck in your continued breeding!

Jen

Its amazing how this thread has chugged along. I extend a thank you to everyone who has shared their stories and support to me.

I also must say that she has made me fall in love with dwarf hotots!
I have a feeling that I have done this to a few people. :DIt's great because their nickname used to be 'jaws of the fancy breed'. From my experience thats not true LOL! If I'm afraid of anything about them its the fear of being licked to death!

I actually have the chance to get one tomorrow. I have a friend who is looking to get sell hers because her daughter is allergic. They just got it and could take it back to the breeder, but they are in love with it and don't want to, so they want me to take it, because they would be able to see it and know it would get a great home here (my buns are a LITTLE spoiled LOL). We'll see. I'm on the hunt for another mini rex to breed Basil with, but maybe I could take on one more.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
I actually have the chance to get one tomorrow. I have a friend who is looking to get sell hers because her daughter is allergic. They just got it and could take it back to the breeder, but they are in love with it and don't want to, so they want me to take it, because they would be able to see it and know it would get a great home here (my buns are a LITTLE spoiled LOL).We'll see. I'm on the hunt for another mini rex to breed Basil with, but maybe I could take on one more.

Jen
Ohh..... I bet ya we will see a post tomorrow welcoming a new addition to your rabbit family. Once you see the Dwarf Hotot and see their personality you will fall in love with the rabbit just like its owners did. :p

Back