Dwarf_Angel's Photos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carrots wrote:
They are all so adorable. I think its a great credit to you how all of the rabbits past and present have turned out. Wounderful pictures. :)

These are far from the rabbits I've had since I've had rabbits!I started out with a big mix rabbit that to this day I have no idea what he is! Maybe I should scan his pic just to see what Pam thinks LOL! I don't have photos of all the rabbits I have currently. I believe a few are missing. As I find photos of rabbits I've had or have I'll cont. to post them here.

Here is Cole a black Netherland Dwarf. I loved this little guy but never got to show him before he died.

carrots wrote:
Totally agree. Rabbits with the black around their eyes always look like they are wearingeye liner. SWEET!

Oh at my county fair I LOVE picking on little kids about Dwarf Hotots!

The past year my rabbits were the hit of the barn which I thought was neat. However, I was always right beside them because I had one doe that was too friendly as she was always sticking her head between the bars. I would be on the other side of the barn and here people saying"Follow me, my friend told me there are some rabbits in here that have to put make up on every morning!" I'd go darting across the room to 'watch' my rabbits when I heard something like that. When I wasn't in the barn I locked the cages because they guests were so involved in looking at them.

I've heard anywhere from .. the rabbits with eyeliner to the rabbits that got in a fight. One kid asked me how long it took me to put on each rabbits eyeliner. It was at the beginning of the fair so I was in a happy joking mood so I gave him a crazy answer! I told him that it used to take15 mins per eyeto put on each rabbits eyeliner but now I have it down pat to a 1 min per eye. He's like WOW!really? thats first, mom mom takesan hour to put her makeup on and do her hair in the morning! I told him that each rabbit took a bath before in the morning and thats why they looked so pearly white. I finally gave in and being a rightful person to my breed I told him the truth and handed him paplets on the breed. LOL!

babybunnywrigley wrote:
You'rebunnies are all so beautiful!

I really love the cute little faces on the Dwarf Hotots :D

Jenn
Thank you! :DAs stated previously ... these aren't near all the rabbits I have/had!

bunnylover78642 wrote:
They are so cute. I love looking how they have matured from just a one day start. They are so cute. Are they hopping around yet???
Yes, they are far into hopping LOL! Once their eyes opened up and they could see is when the fun begins!

The kits at the start of this thread had to be put down today. For about 3 months the doe had been sneezing. Just recently she started getting white discharge. Well, last night I discovered 2 kits had yellow discharge and 2 had white discharge. I decided the best thing to do was to put down all 5 rabbits for the safety of my other rabbits. I couldn't keep 5 rabbits in the house for the next 7 or 8 years. I also couldn't take them out to my breed/showing herd of rabbits.

So mommy andher 4six week olddaughterswere put to rest today at 5:30 pm.

babies003.jpg

I couldn't keep 5 rabbits in thehouse for the next 7 or 8 years. I also couldn't take them out to mybreed/showing herd of rabbits.

So mommy andher 4six week olddaughterswere put to rest today at 5:30 pm.

No offense, but if you can not keep keep them at all, if there maybe a problem, Why raise them....................

Knowing there may be a problem in the future, you should always have the set room and income to help the ones that are less fortunate..

This is terrible... You can and will always be able to contact me at [email]Enjoji@SBCGLOBAL.]NET and my S/O and I WILL make sure that they end up to be a part of our family, or someone who can afford to give them what they need,..I do not have a lot of money, but I will do everything in my power, to give these babies a chance at life... I dogive you my deepest sympathy as, thishad to be a hard decision..ALTHOUGH ,myheart does go out to the bunny's that had to be put to "bed" because youdid not make sure that there was enough efficiency and funds available for any thatmay have problems...7-8 years in my opinion is not much to ask, for giving 5 bunnies a life they deserve..

In my opinion, you may want to check twice before breeding bunnies...There will always be that misfortune, and that misfortune most likely will be your best-friend for the next 7 years....

As I said before please do not hesitate to contact me by email (or PM if it does not go through) and I will be more than happy to find a way to help these babies out...

I hope that you do not take this as being rude, but I am an animal lover, and I get very upset when these things happen..

Please do contact me via e-mail or PM and I will gladly help any way I can.. Just please think twice before breeding, if you do not have the right space, when these misfortunes happen..

In Dwarf_Angel's defense, those rabbits were sick. Very sick, and while their condition may have been managable, it's likely they never would have gotten 100% better.

It's not exactly easy to re-home chronically ill rabbits, and who ever adopted them wouldn't be able to have another rabbit with them for fear of contagion, would have had to pay for the medical expenses, deal with the possibility of loss, in addition to all the time and commitment that comes along with owning a rabbit.

I believe in life, and in a perfect world, things would be different.But we aren't living in Utopia, so we do the best we can.To letthose rabbits go peacefully was the best Dwarf_Angel could do. Please don't condemn her for what wasa difficult and heartbreaking decision.

m.e. wrote:
In Dwarf_Angel's defense, those rabbits were sick. Very sick, and while their condition may have been managable, it's likely they never would have gotten 100% better.

It's not exactly easy to re-home chronically ill rabbits, and whoever adopted them wouldn't be able to have another rabbit with them for fear of contagion, would have had to pay for the medical expenses, deal with the possibility of loss, in addition to all the time and commitment that comes along with owning a rabbit.

I believe in life, and in a perfect world, things would be different.But we aren't living in Utopia, so we do the best we can.Toletthose rabbits go peacefully was the best Dwarf_Angel could do. Please don't condemn her for what wasa difficult and heartbreaking decision.

As I said "Knowing there may be a problem in the future, you should always have the set room and income to help the ones that are less fortunate.."

I did not ask for anyone but the breeder to take on the responsibility as they are the ones who brought these precious babies in this world....

If they want the responsibility, then please let them own up to the responsibilities, of the "not-so-fortunate" ones..

They decided they wanted these babies in the world it is the irresponsibilities to make sure these babies have the best care to be given.. If that means 7-8 years in an extra bedroom and a bit of extra vet bills, (with some TLC from the"bunny lover" that is) then that is what it means... These babies did not ask to be brought into this world.. If one decides to bring them in this world they should be prepared for the vet bills that may come with the ones that need extra care (at no fault of their own.)

As I put, they did not ask to be brought in this world, they may have happened by accident, may have happened for breeding purposes.. BUT they did happen, and it is the owners responsibility,becausethey allowed/wanted it to happen..

Iseriously am not trying to be rude, and I do feel for Dwarf_Angel04, as for it had to be a rough experience, :((as for any animal) but as I said before, we as animal owners take on the responsibilities, of the young, mistakes,or meant to be babies.. When we take on that responsibility, then anything that occurs from that animal is upon us.. If we can not afford it then we should not havehad it happenand therefore should prevent it..

I am not trying to condemn her, for her decision, as that may have been the best one at the time, but if you take on breeding, you as a "so called animal lover" should take on full responsibilities that comes with that, and not just wash it away, like there was not a chance.. There was a chance, but most do not care about the fallen bunnies, and in the end theybreed without having the money to care for the disabled ones, and just put them down for bed, it was not these babies fault (or mothers) that they had this problem, they were not asked to be here..The owner asked for that.... :X:X:X

Okay, let me do a little bit more of explaining here.

I am a loving pet owner these rabbits are my 'pets' and I would do anything for them. I have bent over backwards TRYING to help this doe.She had been sneezing for 9 or 10 weeks (can't quite remember which week) . I have been researching around and these rabbits WERE in quarantine. For two months is seemed like this doe had an allergy so I treated it as one. However, for the sake of my OTHER rabbits in the barn I kept them in the house. This past week things started to look a little different. The doe started to get clear discharge so I immediately put her on some medication. I was hoping whatever she had wasn't contagious but then 2 nights ago I noticed yellow discharge coming from this does nose.

I put the rabbits down for a number of logical breeder reasons. First off, I have 3 locations for quarantine for rabbits so I have room for quarantine. Every time I go out to the rabbit barn I'd risk caring out the disease to my show rabbits. I have already had snuffles take my herd away before and had to restart. I am not willing to do that again.If I had to put other rabbits in quarantine these rabbits would run to risk of me carrying pasterulla on me from quarantine area to quarantine area. It could be done but there is such a high risk for the other rabbits. Sometimes you have to make decisions that keep the lives of other animals. That's the hard part of breeding but it HAS to be done.

If these rabbits didn't have a contagious disease I would have GLADLY placed them to people. However, I'm not going to sell sick rabbits.Anyone that would have gotten these rabbits could not have shown them nor any rabbits in their presences. Trust me, I went this route and thought about it however it wasn't for the best.

I looked over every option there was to save these rabbits, however none of them were humane as I'd infect other rabbits or run the risk of. A few of these kits were loosing energy towards the end and would have eventually died at the rate they were going.

I took the responsibilities that came with these rabbits. I spent quite a bit of money trying to 'save' them as I love my rabbits just as any other person would. The responsibility that came along with these rabbits for MY herd was the safety of my healthy and living rabbits.Each situation has different responsibilities and this was one that had to be down in my situation. If you read my post, I said that I put them down for the safety of my other rabbits. It wasn't a matter of money so please don't automatically think that. If that's not being responsible then I don't know what is!

I will breed my rabbits because I HAVE correctamount ofroom for the rabbits. It's not a matter of space! Its a matter of thinking for the care of the healthy rabbits whose lives could run the risk of getting sick. I also have the money to raise rabbits and will continue. I am a responsible breeder and only breed for what I have room for. However, one thing I have room for but can't risk having is room for sick and contagious rabbits. I find homes for all my rabbits and if I don't have room, I wait to breed.

Thanks for the support. :?

dwarf has a huge point, and although I'm sad about the babies, but its not worth having the mom or babies suffer from a sickness, and when your a prof. breeder, you have to think of the welfare of the MAJORITY of the rabbits, trying to save 5 buns,could wipe out 100s. One thing though, this could have been prevented if you hadnt have bred a sneezing sick doe in the first place, even ifu thought it was just an allergy, you should have thought hmm what if its something more, what if it passes to the kits. You should have brought her to the vets and got it checked before you bred her.But it happened, and it had a tragic ending, but I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just stating my opinion. sorry for your loss. I respect your decision because you needed to protect your whole stock. Its better to have 5 get put down than 100+.

So sorry to hear about that Dwarf_Angel, but I support your decision 100%.

Guys, get off her back. Have any of you ever had this problem? No, so you have no idea what she went through to come to that decision. To harass her is absolutely ridiculous.

I myself had a pasturella scare not too long ago. I had gotten a new rabbit, and after a week she started showing signs of sickness. At that time, I was not too familiar with pasturella, so I took her to the vet to have her checked out. The vet misdiagnosed it as pasturella, so I quickly made the appointment the next day to have her put down. There was NO way I was going to risk my herd even further by keeping her there. By keeping her, whether is be in a complete other place, or with the other rabbits, I have a very high risk of passing it along to my healthy show and brood stock. I then would have ended up with all sick rabbits that would be put down, or eventually die from it.

I did figure out what it was with the help of another breeder. Luckily it was something not even close to as bad as pasturella, and it was not contagious. It was treated, and she is fine now. I still don't feel bad about making that decision, I just feel bad that the vet she was taken to is a complete idiot.

~Nichole

babbitlover wrote:
dwarf has a huge point, and although I'm sad about the babies, but its not worth having the mom or babies suffer from a sickness, and when your a prof. breeder, you have to think of the welfare of the MAJORITY of the rabbits, trying to save 5 buns, could wipe out 100s. One thing though, this could have been prevented if you hadn't have bred a sneezing sick doe in the first place, even if u thought it was just an allergy, you should have thought hmm what if its something more, what if it passes to the kits. You should have brought her to the vets and got it checked before you bred her. But it happened, and it had a tragic ending, but I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just stating my opinion. sorry for your loss. I respect your decision because you needed to protect your whole stock. Its better to have 5get put down than 100+.
The doe was bred before the sneezing occured.

SLRabbits wrote:
Guys, get off her back. Have any of you ever had this problem? No, so you have no idea what she went through to come to that decision. To harass her is absolutely ridiculous.

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
For about 3 months the doe had been sneezing.
You also just mentioned that the doe was bred before the sneezing occurred.

Which is it?

Because a mom and 4 litlle girls are dead. Truly heart-breaking.

I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. Too bad it had to be the hard way.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
For about 3 months the doe had beensneezing.
You also just mentioned that the doe was bred before the sneezing occurred.

Which is it?

Because a mom and 4 little girls are dead. Truly heart-breaking.

I hope you have learned a valuable lesson. Too bad it had to be the hard way.

Tina

Ihad changed it. I got the doe the end of December.... the doe WAS bred before the sneezing occured. Sorry I rounded to 3 months and it was more like 9 to 10 weeks.

I encountered some research to help future rabbits. Like I said.. I already dealt with snuffles taking my herd before. Therefore I wanted to STOP this before it took my herd again.

I miss these rabbits and the comments I am getting isn't helping. I put these rabbits down for the SAFETY and HEALTH of my other rabbits. I would have kept them if I hadn't had other rabbits.

ok, that's a different story, if she was bred before, than nothing was your fault, and you had to put them down. At least you did it humanly, I've heard of ppl just killing them themselves so they didn't have to pay money to get them put down. I'm sorry about your loss, and good luck with future kindles, u had to do it or u would risk all your other rabbits, once a disease passed to your show quality rabbits, than there is no hope for them, you did the right thing, I apologise for my previous post

babbitlover wrote:
ok, that's a different story, if she was bred before, than nothing was your fault, and you had to put them down. At least you did it humanly, I've heard of ppl just killing them themselves so they didn't have to pay money to get them put down. I'm sorry about your loss, and good luck with future kindles, u had to do it or u would risk all your other rabbits, once a disease passed to your show quality rabbits, than there is no hope for them, you did the right thing, I apologize for my previous post
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back