dwarf....?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceeteh07

Reaction score
I need help in determining dwarf from the other breeds.. In one petshop, I saw bunnies in there, they were so cute... but rather young to be sold... (yes, cruel people!) so anyway... one kid who was guarding the shop told me that they were dwarf.. he told me to look at the ears... I thought well, they were bunnies, so of course they're ears are smaller..

the colors are white.. with little spots of gray I think... (I didn't clearly noticed).. but I don't know if I am going to believe him for me to buy one.

so how do you really determine a dwarf breed from the others?

*edit*

they look just like this! [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=tHABT2Adee0"]http://youtube.com/watch?v<WBR>=tHABT2Adee0[/ame] really small...

but I want to be sure...

the rabbit in that video looks to me to be 2 1/2 - 3 weeks old at the most....far far too young to be away from its mother.

I&#39;m moving this to the rabbitry thread so that breeders can see it and id the breed for you...

Peg

I&#39;m no expert by any means but sometimmes I can tell by the ears. dwarf ears are smaller and look more narrow at the base. I&#39;ve notice that they also appear finer boned if that makes sense. Sometimes i can&#39;t tell then other times the pet store will say it&#39;s a dwarf and i can see that no it is not but a 8 week old baby as it has ears too big for a dwarf. Like I said, I&#39;m no expert and maybe it&#39;s all in my head, lol

My guess is no.Netherland dwarfs rarely come in that color.the only way too be sure of getting a purebred Dwarf is too go too a breeder.I rarely see full blooded Dwarfs in petstores.the ones i see labeled dwarfs are usually crossses.the rabbit in the picture is a very young bunny.the color is very common in mini rex.bluebird

I went back there.... and it seems to me that they are older than what I thought (like in the video)...

I saw a hotot dwarf bunny there because it is white and there is black at the tip of the ears, and the eyes of the bunny have eyepatches (that would like an eyeliner for the humans)

could it be cross-breed to ordinary rabbits and dwarf..? will they get the same size as the dwarf?

The petstore bunnies i see are frequently crosses.depending on what they mixed it with it could get very large.theres no way we know what they mix them with.bluebird

Even a nethie dwarf at 8 weeks would be abitbigger than that and its fur would be longer as they have quite thickcoats in britain but not as thick as a german nethie. To me if that wasa nethie i would put it at 4/5 weeks but its face is too pointed to bea nethie pure could be crossed

Back