Dutch Coloring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzylittlewabbit

Reaction score
I was looking at the American Dutch Rabbit Club try to find what color Miss Brittany is and im stumped. I think she looks like a gray dutch but i think i need a another opinion.

Shes shedding in this one. so shes looking a little ghostly. lol
DSC01299.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

^No no no
Ok here are some example pictures

Gray Dutch- hair shafts are supposed to be as follows "Colors on the hair shaft should be slate blue at the base, followed by medium tan, then a thin charcoal brown band, finishing with a lighter tan band. Colored portions of the body should be uniformly dispersed with black guard hairs."
Micki.JPG

Chinchilla Dutch- in some pictures a chin might look like a chestnut agouti (or GRAY in dutch terms) because of lighting but they are significantly silver in person with hair shafts as follows
" The undercolor is to be a dark slate blue at the base of the hair shaft. The intermediate band is located at the middle of the hair shaft and is to be a pearl color. The lighter this pearl color the better. The surface color is comprised of both a pearl band and black tipped guard hairs."
new_breed.jpg

The first picture is what she looks like exactly. :) Thank you!

woahlookitsme wrote:
^No no no
Ok here are some example pictures

Gray Dutch- hair shafts are supposed to be as follows "Colors on the hair shaft should be slate blue at the base, followed by medium tan, then a thin charcoal brown band, finishing with a lighter tan band. Colored portions of the body should be uniformly dispersed with black guard hairs."
Micki.JPG

Chinchilla Dutch- in some pictures a chin might look like a chestnut agouti (or GRAY in dutch terms) because of lighting but they are significantly silver in person with hair shafts as follows
" The undercolor is to be a dark slate blue at the base of the hair shaft. The intermediate band is located at the middle of the hair shaft and is to be a pearl color. The lighter this pearl color the better. The surface color is comprised of both a pearl band and black tipped guard hairs."
new_breed.jpg

Back