Duchess (Holland lop) Head Wound

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherndon712

Reaction score
Okay, a few days ago ( I posted somewhere and can't find it now!) my flemish giant doe tore apart my holland's cage...Duchess ended up with a dime size hole in her head (missing skin and fur). Should I clean it? I put triple A on it a few days ago, but I'm not sure what to do. She's still her hoppy little self, but I don't want her to get an infection!

The Triple A is great, it should help, I'd keep applying it. If its on her head, she can't lick it off, so you have no worries there.

I use Betadine (sp?), the orangy stuff they slop all over you pre-surgery, for all my bunnies' nicks and bites, my vet says its the best thing to use for those cases, safe to lick, etc.

Healing vibes!

sas :D

I ALWAYS have betadine! You can usually get it at walmart and such, and other stuff from farm stores (Linton's Big R carries it here in wyoming). My vet said as long as it's not pussy or swollen she doesn't need to go in, so I'm good there so far!! I'm getting ready to clean it out and put some triple a on...Wish me luck!

Back