Dry fruit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
I have been looking for good dry fruit for little Thumper.Everything I find has sugar (not to mention that it is not that cheap).

I was just wondering, has anyone ever played with the idea for doing it at home. At Target, I found that they have dehydrator's for around $40. Might seem expensive but I think in the long run, it might be cheaper than paying crazy prices for the dry fruit.

Has anyone tried? If so, how did it go? If not, does this sound like a good alternative? I just want to see my little cutie happy without compromising his health.

That does sound like a good price for a dehydrator and you could make dried fruit for yourself, too! If you're looking for something cheaper than buying a dehyrdrator, have you seen Just Tomatoes dried fruits at your grocery store? Here's the link to their web site:
http://www.justtomatoes.com/
They're a company that makes all sorts of dried fruits that have no sugar or anything other than fruit. You can buy individual types of fruits or a blend. They are really tasty! My ratties have a bag of the mixed variety and they like them. At our Fred Meyer store, all the Just Tomatoes brand stuff is in the organic/health food section. I'd think if Fairbanks, AK sells Just Tomatoes, a store near you would, too. Good luck! I'm planning to feed Rory Just Tomatoes fruit instead of the sugared kind, I know they don't have much sugar and he wouldn't be getting a lot anyway, but I'd just feel like it was better for him.

Oh yeah, also forgot to say that a smallish bag cost about $4.50. I figure that's about how much a bag that size of bunny treats at the pet store would cost, but they're much healthier.

Oh wow! Thanks for that link, there is a place not to far from me that has these products. I guess I'm going to check it out.

I do think I want to try the dehydrator eventually though.

Latest posts

Back