Dropping pills everywhere but the litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elle523

Reaction score
Since some members of this forum advised me that Acorn would need a bigger cage, I went out and got him a new home. I thought I'd get to pans-one to be a bed and another to be the litter box. Now that he's been in there for a few hours, he won't go into his bed, and he drops pills between the pans but not in his litter box. He also sleeps in his litter box. Before, in his smaller cage, he dropped pills everywhere including his litter box and slept in there too. Is he simply marking his territory or does it mean something else?

163960189_5877a52e20.jpg

Hmm. It might confuse him with two litter boxes, with one for sleeping and the other for pooping. But i'm not totally sure. Maybe instead of the liter box to sleep in, put just a towel down?

Try putting the poops when he goes in the middle in the litter one to see if that'll help. Putting some hay in the litter box will also tempt him to go there to nibble and go to teh bathroom :) Does he pee in his litter box?

Cute name, Acorn btw :)

Scoop up the pee from where he's been peeing and put it where you want him to pee. Itcan be soiled litter, or if he's peed outside the litter, dip a paper towel in it and put that where you want him to pee. (Put it in a corner of the litter box).

Then just make sure you wash out the spot where he WAS peeing (and where you don't want him to pee) with a little vinegar and water.

Once he starts peeing where you want him to pee, the poops will eventually follow.

Good luck with him!

sas :)and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Also, rabbits are very picky about how they want things arranged, and will tell you about it too... lol. If it appears he's going in about the same area, try moving the litter box there. When he gets big enough to nudge things about, he'll probably rearrange the whole joint. Mine always have.

Latest posts

Back