Drinking water?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mehidk

Reaction score
There's something I’ve been observing lately with Trixie. There are some days where she will drink out of her water dish and it gets near empty, and other days she drinks a little bit and I’m dumping the rest out. After washing her veggies, I leave excess water on them so she gets more water. She's eating and pooping just fine. Is there anything I can do to encourage her to drink water? I've read some people have rabbits that drink so much water that I'm worried about Trixie not having enough and getting dehydrated (which has not happened yet).

I wouldn't worry about it. She'll drink when she needs water as long as it is available.
Mine will do the same thing at times. Just be sure she's getting the hay refreshed. I've notice mine drink more water the more hay they eat.

There's something I’ve been observing lately with Trixie. There are some days where she will drink out of her water dish and it gets near empty, and other days she drinks a little bit and I’m dumping the rest out. After washing her veggies, I leave excess water on them so she gets more water. She's eating and pooping just fine. Is there anything I can do to encourage her to drink water? I've read some people have rabbits that drink so much water that I'm worried about Trixie not having enough and getting dehydrated (which has not happened yet).
My bunnie does that .
Maybe she's getting more watery veg somedays , or just not as thirsty .
I wouldn't be worried about that , as long as she's drinking something and eating.

Back