drinking water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
any ideas would be great.

Furby and Ellie have a large water bottle which is always full, butwhen I let them out to run about, they will go to the nearest puddleand start drinking!!

I have checked the bottle and they can still get water out of it (I have even checked when they are drinking from the puddles.

Any ideas why they are doing that or what I should do?

Have you actually seen your rabbits drink waterout of the bottle? It might just be that they prefer having apool of water to drink out of instead, and that's why they go for thepuddles.
Hmm....If I were you, I'd probably take out a small, heavy bowl(Something heavier than plastic) and fill it with water, then put thatin their cage with them and see if they like drinking out of thatbetter.
Or maybe it's that they don't know how to drink out of the bottle, ifyou've never seen them do it. If that's the case, putting alittle bit of peanut butter on the tip to get them going seems likeit'd be a good idea.
Well, there's my two cents ;)
I'll be wishing you good luck with your bunnies!

They def know how to drink out of the bottle.they have been using it for 8 months. I have tried the bowl but I dontknow if they really drunk from it.

I think I will try it again and see if they change. I have tosay though, it was really cute watching them lap up from the puddles:?

All of my buns prefer bowls to bottles, they'rejust easier to drink out of. Puddles are probably the same,plus they're mud flavored. Mmm.:)

heehee thats true. I think I will put both thebowl and bottle out and just give them a choice. Will it afect them inany way if they drink dirty water?

Latest posts

Back