Drinking lots

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyL0ve

BunnyL0ve
Reaction score
Chuchu is a decent sized bunny, coming in at 8lbs. All the bunnies I've had in the past were much smaller, so i have nothing to compare to. I use small metal dog bowls as his food and water dishes. I put fresh water whenever needed. In the morning before work (8am) I put fresh water and fill er to the top. By the time I get home (5pm) there is almost nothing left! So I fill up again and in the morning when I get up same thing, almost gone. Is that too much water intake or is that normal? I got him on Saturday and its been this way since. He's acting normally and looking good. I just want to be sure..any comments appreciated!

-Maria

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

I think he's good and I'm worrying for nothing!

Have you checked the bottle to make sure it isn't leaking? I thought my Heidi was drinking way too much water at first, but turns out her bottle was leaking!

Is he inside or outside? If it's hot he'll need more water just to stay hydrated. You may also be seeing evaporation.

I think he may be fine, some rabbits drink LOTS of water and are perfectly healthy. My friend's rabbit is smaller than mine and she drinks more than mine.

He's indoors..its a pretty comfy temp in here. I think he just likes water a lot. Yesterday I got out of the shower and he hopped over and started licking the water from my legs. Silly bunny. I soak his veggies in water too..he loves it!

Thank u all for the replies!

1378686857284.jpg

He's so cute! If he's running out of water a lot you might want to consider getting him a bigger bowl or another solution. Aria was the same way, alway emptying her bowl in twelve hours or less. I was worried she'd run out of water while I was out of the house, so I got her one of those cat waterers with the two quart bottle over a plastic dish. Of course, that only works if Chuchu isn't a big plastic chewer. Aria isn't, so it's been great for her.

That's a really good idea! He doesn't seem to be much of a chewer period.. I just upgraded to a larger glass bowl.. we'll see!

Latest posts

Back