Drinking from Momma?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_TOX

Reaction score
I have two buns, one is A mother rabbit, named Yuki who is 2 years, and her baby Avery who is 3 months now. I have noticed that Avery still drinks from his mum like 1 every 2 days. is this normal?? She doesnt seem distressed about it, She even helps him/her get under her and licks Avery while she/he drinks. They get a long great still. Should I do anything or just let them be since they both seem healthy fine and happy? I thought the baby would be weaned by 8 weeks old o_O New to baby buns so thank you for your feedback!:happybunny:

I wouldn't worry about the nursing part of it but I would be worried about leaving a boy with his mom after 11 weeks. I've heard people say mothers have gotten pregnant by their sons earlier than that so I would separate.

Most kits will continue to nurse occasionally for as long as their mom is producing milk. However, as mentioned before, if the baby is a buck, it needs to be separated soon.

Agree, some moms are wimps and just won't cut their kids off (reminds me of some humans), but at 3 months you're taking a big chance that he will be able to get her pregnant pretty soon!

Latest posts

Back