Dried Pasta?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunnies aren't supposed to have grains. I'm sure they'd like it but it isn't really good for them.

I would think it would be like rice and expand in their stomachs...

You can check the library and see if it's on the list of safe foods. :)

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Bunnies aren't supposed to have grains. I'm sure they'd like it but it isn't really good for them.

Whole grains are an excellent source of carbs for rabbits. Proccessed grains (such as pasta/breads) are not.

And no -pasta doesn'texpand dangerouslyin the stomach (neither does uncookedrice) ;)

I always thought dried noodles would be bad cause they might swell up in their gut. lol

But Mr. Bun Bun likes cooked noodles!

rlzuyp.jpg

pamnock wrote:
SnowyShiloh wrote:

Whole grains are an excellent source of carbs for rabbits. Proccessed grains (such as pasta/breads) are not.

And no -pasta doesn'texpand dangerouslyin the stomach (neither does uncookedrice) ;)
That's good to know! Thank you, Pam :)

If dry food expanding in the rabbit's stomach were a concern, then we certainly wouldn't be feeding them dried pellets which expand many times their size when soaked in water. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back