Double maned lionheads from a lionhead-lop and and holland lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357rabbitlover

Reaction score
My lionhead cross holland lop doe had accidental babies 10 months ago. I got what i thought was a female bunny of a friend but SHE was a HE. He was a holland lop.

Alice had 7 babies, 3 with no manes, but 4 with double manes.

How did this happen?

Just thought i'd ask because online it says that only either 2 double maned lionheads would make double maned lionheads, or one double maned and one single maned?

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0286364_100000115371036_1060113_5178208_n.jpg
Just thought i'd add a picture of one of the double maned bunnies because he's cute (and the runt), i think he was 3 weeks old here. :D

They can not be DM. They will more then likely loose all their mane. Your Lionlop doe could be a SM and the holland has no mane.

doublemanes are very distinctive as babies. They are half bald for a about a week until the wool grows in.
images

some sm lionheads do have a small skirt which they usually loose as they age.

It can be difficult to tell sometimes. Not all single manes lose their wool, but most do at some point. I've also had double manes that have so little that they look like single manes. We're talking more about the genetics when we say single or double mane, so appearance isn't everything. Genetically these guys are single manes.

Latest posts

Back