DOG!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
Ouh and promise you'll post pics and let me know when you get him/her :)

Oh trust me, I will. lol

I might have to wait a few months. Hopefully my sister can find a place to live soon. She has a lab and that is why I can't my own dog yet...her dog is a hyper spazz. lol My mom doesn't want another one until they are out of the house. So I am hoping that will be soon....

I am like overly excited, but I don't want to wait anymore!!! lol

Thank you for all your ideas! AndI am 17 by the way. :) So yeah...no "real" job for me... I am hoping to get a summer job at one of the feed stores or something.

Yeah, well I had to find work with dogs before I got Luca so I don't drive my self insane lol. I'm its hard since I'm only 13 ! (14 on the 18th Yeeeyaa) LOL

I'm waiting to get a second dog but waiting for the sis to move out too lol, only because she doesn't want a second dog she reckons it costs too much! Pfffft I'm the one that pays for my dog! Vet, food EVERYTHING lol. I'm in da same boat as you.

i had a germand sheperd aussie mix who at a year old was calmer than my great dane pup-who sleeps all day...so breed specifics arnt always true

ANNNNND SHOVEL SNOW!!! you can come do my driveway :)

I know a lot of people were saying that they all need tons of space and tons of exersice, but I know a lot of people who have these kinds of dogs and they are just...normal. lol Not a hassle at all. So I want to find the right one (either of those 3 breeds that have been mentioned) that is active, but not HYPERactive. lol

I mean, I don't live on a farm or anything. We have a decient sized front and back yard, plus an empty lot next to us that we own. Quite a few trees, but the dog still like to explore. And we have a two story house plus a basement. I think that is enough room for an active dog. I will be training it at home and taking it to 4-H classes. So it will get a weekly bonus day or two. lol

I would like to help out our local shelter... so I hope that they get something I really like. If not I want to get a young dog from either the border/aussie rescue or the cattle dog rescue.

And yes, being young makes it very hard to get any kind of decient job... XD

I've worked as a dog walker for a dog walking business, it's a great way to go because you are covered by their insurance and we had uniforms etc. I also dog walked for my own customers. The business charged £5 an hour, I personally charged from £5 to £9 depending on the dog but I also offered any on walk training that I could, most often lead work. It's great to go to see a dog whose owners are end the end of their tether and be able to help them sort that dog out to be a happy member of the family.

Perhaps you could offer bunny boarding? Offer to go shopping for people for a few dollars?

I paid £2000 (just over $3000 dollars I think)for my Akita Inu puppy, thank goodness I had help but gosh, that was a struggle. I would have said I'd never pay that much for a dog before I saw her, but I just knew she was right for me. It feels better when you have to work for it I think!

Here's my 2 cents of experience with an Australian Cattle Dog / Dingo mix.

They're nutz! ;)

I've had Kaya for 12 years now and what comes through in her personality most is that she's a) extremely smart; b) gets bored easily; c) required (and still does, even at 13) lots of exercise...otherwise separation anxiety shows up in the form of things getting eaten/shredded when I'm not there; and d) once you have a dog like this, you'd wonder how you ever got through life without him or her.

Oh yeah...and she was a shelter rescue. ;)

kayayawning.jpg

Trianglehead.jpg

(Couldn't resist posting the pics)

I dunno if you got to check, or if you was interested, but there was another one posted around annarbor, that had already done a tiny bit of agility.

Latest posts

Back