Dog Kennel for rabbit cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homesick742

Reaction score
The cage that was given to us with our bun isvery small. We have our labs old dog kennel that she no longer uses. Isthis a bad idea? It would quadruple her living space. The only drawbackis it has a front door only. No top one.

Hmm it sounds rather hard to cleanthoroughly. The only way you would be able to happily cleanit would be to blast it with a hose and (safe)disinfectant,and even then it would most likely take a whole day to properly dryout.

Could you make some maintanence to the kennel so it is possible to get inside and clean properly?

Linz_1987 wrote:
Hmm it sounds rather hard to clean thoroughly. Theonly way you would be able to happily clean it would be to blast itwith a hose and (safe)disinfectant, and even then it wouldmost likely take a whole day to properly dry out.

Could you make some maintanence to the kennel so it is possible to get inside and clean properly?
It does have a pull out tray and she it pretty welllitter trained. We are trying to find a way to make it a two floor.

Oh I didnt know it had a pull outtray! That sounds so much cleaner. It probually isa brilliant idea then! More play space is always a good thing:DDo you have a picture of it?

Mine uses a large breed dog crate/kennel and it works great!
252964240_2053b3a823.jpg

Probably best only for rabbits that already are litter trained though.

It looks to be the same size as the one listed above. I'll see if I can get a pic later.

My rabbit lives in an x-large crate that my labused to use. she has plenty of space and it is super easy toclean becuase she uses her box 100% of the time. it worksreally well for us.

That looks like the one we use for our rabbitand it works well. One drawback is losing hay thru the sidesbut it is really easy to clean. In fact I find it easier to clean thanour NIC cage. oh and attaching a water bottle to it. Bella prefers thebowl so that solved our problem. ;)

I am starting to bond so I wanted both rabbits in one room with theircages side by side so Bella was not allowed to have the cage open allday so I added another dog cage where the door used to be making it adouble length cage and she loves it. I left the second cage without atop so she can stand on her hind legs for nose rubs.

As long as you let them have time out of the cage every day the dog cages work well.

good luck:)

Miffy also had a large dog kennel for herhome. I had a problem with the hay making a mess until wewent and bought coroplast. That solved the problem.We also had some leftover pegboard and made her a shelf with that andcovered that with the coroplast also. Here is a picture of it

Image888.jpg

and one of poor Miffy RIP

Image103.jpg

Aww! That smiley definetly goes with what you just said! Hehe!

How is Desmond getting on? Have you got any more pictures of him you can post on your blog? I bet hes grown!

Linz_1987 wrote:
How is Desmond getting on? I bet hes grown!
He quite comfortable in the RabbitCage for now. I'll wait and seehow much bigger he will getbefore I decide on the36", 40", or the 42"Dog Cage.

This Thursday, Desmond will begoing to the Vet for hisneuter. How they grow upso fast. :cry4:

24292.jpg

24293.jpg

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back