Dog and bunny scare

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelso

Reaction score
I'm petsitting a little Dachshund this weekend.I have a Dachshund of my own, so I'm familiar with their instincts andknow that, no matter what, they cannot be in the same room with anuncaged rabbit. Well Kelso was out exercising in his room this morning.I was going to slip into the room (and close the door quickly behind meas I always do)to get something when I see a little brownflash at my feet. Suddenly there's a terrified rabbit and an extremelyfast and motivated Dachshund (owners of the breed can identify withthis "determination" when chasing something...there's no stopping them)flying around the room. I'm yelling for the dog to stop (like that'sgoing to work) and desperately trying to catch her. Just as Kelso makesaflying leap for the bed, I make a flying leap for the dog.Anyone watching would have thought that was probably the funniest thingthey had ever seen, but it worked. I caught her by the collar and gother out of the room and went to check on Kelso. He's fine, no bitemarks or any other wounds. He was a little shaken at first (I wasafraid he would go into shock...but I'm pretty paranoid about myanimals) but he's fine now. The dog is fine too, but she's verysensitive and isconvinced that I'm mad at her.

I've definitely had my adrenaline rush for the morning and willdefinitely make sure she is lockedup somewhereelsewhen I go to enter Kelso's room. :shock:

OMG I know exactly how you feel. It makes youterrified! CHeck all her toes. The dogs will sometimes grab the feetwhen the buns are running away.

Latest posts

Back