Dog Agility & Obedience!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I train both my dogs; Jess (border collie) and Bailey (golden retriever) in both dog agility and obedience!!

Jess is my main 'dog sport' dog and we've being doing obedience since I got her (a yr or so ago) and being doing agility 'offically' since Feb this yr. We are at trialing level in obedience and should be trialing VERY soon!!

Does any other dog owners train/compete in any dog sports??

I just got my puppy, I'm hoping to do some thing, but i'm not too sure. Things like this is Nz aren't that popular. I'd love to see pictures of your dogs ;) and also vids.

- prisca

My new Gordon Setter is almost 11 months old and we just started Agility. My Gordon, Victoria (at the bridge) did obedience and agility (and was a confirmation Grand Champion). She was awesome!

So I'm hoping the new puppy, Skye, likes it too. She is a very high energy puppy with a very short attention span! LOL! So we need to do a lot of encouragement to get her to follow through.

But so far, she really seems to like it. She picked up on the "A-frame", Tunnel, Tire, Jumps and "Dog Walk" on the first or second try! The weave poles will take a little longer. And "STAY" and "WAIT" seems to be giving her trouble. She just wants to run! Now we are working on putting a series of commands together and getting her to do them in order. LOL! She is not ready to compete... not even close... but it does seem to help her focus.

Hey!
Dog sports are really fun, you should try with ur puppy! hmm... I'm not sure where to start in NZ... try http://www.dogzonline.com.au
You could probably get someinfo off people on there :)
Though its got 'au' at the end.. people from everywhere use it!!
I'll attempt to post photo's! Not sure if it'll work though!

utubeicon.jpg

sorry if the pic is overly massive!!The picis also my background on youtube..and dontthink I'm talented and made it myself.. my friend made it for me!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFD5zd0E9Ew&feature=channel_page]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFD5zd0E9Ew&feature=channel_page[/ame]

me and Jess doing agility at the start of the year!

:)So glad other doggie folk here too. We have ana alaskan malamute Amber she is stunning and before she came to us was a top show dog She is nearly 6 and sucha brilliant girl all round. We train in agility and also dry land mushing. We are hoping to pair her up witha gorgeous young boy named nank when he is ready. We still show but now it's for fun and for my daughters to gain experience really.

she is a star and we cannot wait to see where we will be placed this season in the racing... well done you for giving your dogs the stimulation they need! :pray:As a canine behaviourist and trainer it is all too common a problem for me to come across folk who are wondering why their dogs run about the house a million miles an hour when they need some purpose in life-working dogs need to work but all dogs need thir play and stimulation it's can turn a dog around in a matter of days good luck with the training and agility...obediance is something which although amber is extremley good at mals in general are hit and miss:blushan:thank the gods we have an angel lol xxx

Latest posts

Back