Doesn't want salad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargazerLily

Reaction score
Galaxy is not showing any interest in the green salad I've been giving him. I know at the shelter he didn't get any greens, but Orion didn't get any greens at his last home either, and dove into them the second I offered. Galaxy isn't having any problems eating the pellets and snacking on the hay. I swear I must be the most worry-wart type of bunny mommy. Is it ok if he doesn't eat veggies? Every thing I read says to give them veggies.

Also, he is 3.75#, where Orion is 3.2#. Orion is getting 1/4 c pellets and it was mentioned to only give Galaxy 1/8 c. Does that sound right? Orion also feels a lot skinnier/skin and bones compared to Galaxy. But I don't know if that is just the difference in breeds.

A 1/4c of pellets is good.

What kind of greens have you tried? Maybe he just doesn't prefer the kind you are offering. Have you tried giving more than one kind? Parsley is usually a hit;).

Just keep trying different kinds of veggies. Wash despises basil, but loves romain lettuce and celantro. It's just a matter of bunny preference, same as with people.

Some rabbits don't like greens. You can try just giving a little bit every day and eventually they will try something. Also, often times when bonded to another rabbit, they learn to eat by seeing the other eat it. I was having a real hard time getting one of my bucks to switch to a Timothy pellet and the solution came when I bonded him to a girl, he now dives in to them. ;)

Ihave the pickiest eater... She wouldn't eat anything! I found that she would eat the tiniest piece of apple so i got her used to expecting that piece from me. Then, instead of having apple, I would be holding romaine lettuce, parsley, grass, hay, spinach, etc. Because shewas expecting a treat, she was more interested in it. It tookrepeated attempts and feeding it to her with my hands for her to finally eat it but this week she has eaten a ton of things!

Do you leave the greens overnight?

My Maisie will ONLY eat such things once everyone's in bed, asleep. I like laying in bed, perfectly still, and just before I knock completely out, I'll hear "munch munch munch" from her cage. It's really cute.

So, possibly you have a night-time eater on your hands?

My other three...they JUMP on greens...doesn't matter the time of day! :D

Latest posts

Back