Does your bunny pout --

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I was away for the weekend and when I got homelast night, Sampson didn't want to have anything to do withme. He was just really aloof and sluggish. Also,I'd filled his dish to the top on Friday when I left and it was still1/2 full. My mom said she didn't have to add any food toitwhile I was gone. I was worried at first, butthis morning, his dish is empty and he's back to his normalself. I've decided he was just mad because I went away forthe weekend.

Do anyone else's buns do this?

Jen

hi jen

i was in hospital for 10 days and i really really missed lucy so much

so when i got home i thought she'd come running up to me to say hi mom ive missed you but no

ive been out of hospital for just over 2 weeks and she is now getting back to her usual self

its worring though

varna xxxx

I have only left them onenight at a time but when i come open the door to there cage there onthere back legs greeting me but if im gone for more than one night theycome with me.

-ashley

p.s i feel bad when i leave them

Absolutely they get upset and will lay a guilttrip on you when you return. Tina had to cut a vacation shortbecause Apollo wouldn't eat. Stinkers, aren't they?

-Carolyn

They tend to trash the cage, and they go offtheir hay a bit. It'll be interesting to see how they react to me beinggone for over two weeks this summer...

I agree that they do hold grudges. Itseems as if their schedule is changed drastically they reallyhavea way of letting you know they are NOT happy.:X(that is the face they make at me if they are tickedoff)

when i leave my bun looks at me like ohhh your leaving again
then when i return she stands up and touches the cage like let me out!!!!!!!!!:shock:

Ours were ok when we went away last, but as soonas we got home that attitudes began. It took a couple days for them toget over it and deem us worthy of attention once more.

My cat really doesn't like it when we go away. He took a poo poo in themiddle of our bedroom floor and yowled until our petsitter came to seewhat was going on. :?

Yes, I'd say my bunny pouts!!

Not_happy.jpg

It seems that Sampson and Elvisare theonly onesdetermined to "punish" me for my weekendaway. Elvis is always like that, but this is the first time Ididn't take Sampson. He will not come out of the cage,hopefully that one will be done soon, or I'll have to force him so Ican clean it. :p The others only get madif I go for a while, when I was gone for a week, Basil at carpet andhad to have surgery!!

Jen

When we went away in January, Fawn mauled thepoor friend that was coming over to feed the buns. He said "well, shekept grunting at me...I didn't know what it meant...but she wasfighting with me for the food bowl and she bit me!"

poor guy still has a scar, and he wouldn't let me pay him because he is a friend of mine... :?

When we take them out of town with us, she does this to me, even thoughthey have another cage set up at my parents house. :X All christmasvacation, she was a nightmare :p

Dale and I were planned to be gone for aweek on our Honeymoon. I called on the third day to check on Jeremy andApollo. My friend said Jeremy was great but she thought I said to fillApollo's feeder everyday. She said it's hardly gone down atall.:shock::shock:Water too.

Needless to say we high tailed it home so fast. They second Iwalked in the door he was beside himself with joy.. He ate a hopper anda half in one days time.

They are such sweet little guys and girls aren't they?

Tina

I had a sinus/nose type surgery about 3 weeksago. I had to keep thegirls in thier room for6 daysbecause until I had the tubes taken out. All i could do was runin drop food and water and run out. They were absolutlytraumatised and really depressed. We have a very close relationship,they are so used to sharing fruit with me, being hand fed, gettingrubs, being mauled, running free roam, tearing boxs in thelivingroomand having a very clean home and litterbox. Theyreally felt neglected for those 5 days. Mija wouldhop out herbedroom windowout onto the balcony and sit and stare at meinto the livingroom through the mesh screen with this sad confused lookon her face.

Today is 3 weeks later and Ive only just started toget kisses from Ginny again. And yes it was just like a grudge,I had tokiss some serious bunny butt. I put my chin down on the floor ofherhouse every day and made little whimpers lol. Finally shecame running with kisses yesterday as she used to, so - theyfortunatlylived through thier tramatic 5 day neglect. Itsmakes me sad to think that some bunnies are neglected like that forthier whole lives. My girls are so lucky.

Does my bunny pout? He is the king ofpouting! I've been gone this past weekend, so he is'punishing' me by giving me the butt and the feet. Plus, hewas still mad at me fortaking away his cardboard box becausehe got protective over it and growled atme for picking it upto move it! :shock: Spoiled rotten I tell ya!

Back