Does your bunny make your heart melt?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if my bunny likes me at all. Aside from chasing me around for food, she hasn't been an overly affectionate snuggle bunny. She will give me nose bonks and the occasional kiss (which I've come to accept is all I'll get!) and I've been overjoyed with that. After cruising through these forums for months I've come to terms with the fact that every bun is different and I'm okay with that.

Until last night, when I decided to lay down on the floor and my little Daphne flopped beside me.

bun.jpg

Cue my heart melting.

She stayed there for about 20 minutes and let me pet her the entire time. I'm still overjoyed that she did it. This may be no big deal to some but for a bunny that normally flops behind the couch its a huge step. :bunny17:

How does your bunny make your heart melt?

I get how you feel! One of my boys Sugarlump wasn't an affectionate bunny at all, I took him to the vets and whilst he was on the table he hopped up against my chest and wouldn't let me put him down haha.

Since he's been neutered though he comes looking for me and loves playing ball with me haha.

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1436106393.969608.jpg

Sugarlump is the tan colour one. Mopsie the grey one is our new rescue bunny 😊

He has always been good about sitting with us on the floor, but Sasquatch let my daughter actually hold him for quite a long time this past week. It was unexpected and adorable. ;)

20150702_163030-2.jpg

20150702_163035-3.jpg

Last edited:
All of ours are rescues. Some were snugglers from the start and others fled from us. With time, patience, persistence and bribery they all improved in behavior and most will come when called. Not all will be snuggle buns but we take each improvement we can get. /some would attack without any warning, but, now they all put up with us and some like to sit near or on us.
Time is the biggest factor in building trust.

My bunnies make my heart melt when they hop to me and give me bunny kisses ;)

I also love when they will flop right against me, it's adorable :)

When they binky, my heart melts again knowing that my buns are happy and having fun.

One of my buns enjoying the warm sun on her butt in her outdoor playpen. This moment really made my heart melt as she's usually a nervous bun and it was great seeing her relaxed:
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1436141915.290218.jpg

My bunnies all make my heart melt... When they lay next to me or when they kiss me💗

When they binky my heart melts as well, seeing them happy and having fun.

When I see my nervous bunnies having fun or happy I almost cry :)
Here is a photo of Bailey my shy girl
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1436145217.993634.jpg
This is her coming up to get a close up..... She ended up nose bumping me and then gave me a little kiss :)

Back