Does your bun like to be handled?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lulu doesn't like to be " snuggled" either. We have gotten to the point where she doesn't mind being picked up but it's obvious she wants down. She will sit with me though and likes a pat in the head. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. She's her own being, not a stuffed animal and therefore can recurve love in the way she likes it. You can't force other creatures to like something they don't. I mean what is the fun in forced cuddling?

some naturally like being held and want attention, and others get it thrust upon them. They need to at least "submit" as nail trims, teeth checks, and cleaning all require handling and that your bun is calm and accepting. Hate having to do battle with a bun. Our latest, Lilli, is a Himi and lop mix and she is becoming accustomed to being handled and doesn't pitch a fit anymore--doesn't thump when I put here down now either.

Shadow will tolerate being picked up, but she doesn't really like it. On the ground, however, she loves being stroked, cuddled, kissed, you name it! If I lay on the floor with her she'll jump up on me and nudge me for attention. She'll even sprawl out along my side sometimes :)

i have had my mini lops since they were 8 &10 weeks old. elvis wasnt that keen on being picked up but perseverance has paid off! he totally chills out now laying on his side and lets me stoke him no problem, he even tucks his head up under my chin when we cuddle, hes such a good boy :biggrin2:,priscilla has always seemed a little timid but maybe she is just not as highly strung as he was as she closes her eyes and just lets me stoke her cheeks which must mean she trusts me which is good as when i breed her i want her to be ok with me going into her cage to change her bedding :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back