Does this look normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexyRex

Reaction score
I just noticed what looked like 2 pink deflated bags on either side of Bella's private area. At first I thought that they may be testicles, but we checked her again, we're 99% sure she's a girl, but what do Chris and I know! I'm concerned that whatever they are it's not normal. Alaska has never had anything that looked like this before. Sorry for the quality, they were taken with my cell phone:

0119092229.jpg

0119092229a_0001.jpg

0119092229a.jpg

What do you guys think? Is this normal or should I be worried?? *Excuse the bunny hair on Chris, we gave all 4 pedis tonight and they exploded fur on us :D

LOL!!! The Gender Fairy strikes! Now what's kind of shocking to me is how HE and Max get along....

Like I said Chris and I tried to check and we thought we were looking at girl parts, but what do we know :D

a girl part has a slit when you press underneath the genitals but it also might jump out and look like a penis with a slit
a boy part looks like a round little tube when you press underneath but it will also look like a penis
but thoses are testicles

no doubt about it ............:)

Congrats on your new baby boy :biggrin2:

My first rabbit was named Sheba and I didn't know that she was a he for a long time because I couldn't even pick a rabbit up to look .............:plol

hope you're OK about a boy :?

it does take some mental gymnastics to transition over...

Oh, I'm fine with a boy, I'm just relieved that nothing is wrong! Poor thing was scared because he had just gotten his nails cut by us for the first time. Can't say I'm surprised. The vet that examined him also put his age at 6-7 months when we got him almost a month ago, and even I could tell he was a baby. 8-10 weeks at best. Not knocking the vet by no means, it's just that they see dogs and cats normally.

Thanks angieluv! I've been TRYING to tell them I'm a boy and they would not listen!
0119092227a.jpg

Haha! He was on his Daddy's desk. The car in the background is from Initial D, it's a Japanese anime show that Chris and I like. The main character is named Takumi....I think that's what our newest boy's name is going to be!

RexyRex wrote:
If it's a good reference pic, by all means put it in the Library! Maybe it will help more clueless people like myself :D

We'll make sure the mod does that! I've been asked so many times..... and we have one photo of Tony where you can kinda see his - but ya know..... they are kinda weird and people don't know when they first see them. It's great to have a photo to help describe it.

How's the LITTLE MAN (in my deepest voice possible) ... today?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
LOL!! He's doing just fine. Chris has gone from calling him "my little girl" to "my buddy". I told him to find another nickname for him, Buddy was originally Gixxer's nickname from Chris and that is one bunny that you do NOT want to offend :D

Bo B Bunny wrote:
RexyRex wrote:
If it's a good reference pic, by all means put it in the Library! Maybe it will help more clueless people like myself :D

We'll make sure the mod does that! I've been asked so many times..... and we have one photo of Tony where you can kinda see his - but ya know..... they are kinda weird and people don't know when they first see them. It's great to have a photo to help describe it.

I could try and get another of Ringo....

It's really strange becuase when I look back and think of calling Dippy a girl it makes me laugh and sounds so wierd.!! Bless, how did they put up with being called a girl for so long!!

Don't feel bad it's happened to me with Sophie boy. He was around 4-5 months and I laying on the floor with him and he jumped up on the couch and all I could see was this huge pink THING! I grabbed him and flipped him over thinking OMG he has a tumor! When I looked I saw his penis, man was I surprised to know Soph was a boy and to see that!! My first bunny Rocky, I thought was a boy can't remember how we came to that conclusion but it took a very long time to realize our mistake.

Back