Does this look healthy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyRae

Reaction score
This looks strange to me

My other buns didnt look like that on carpet. It looks like this a min after she does it.

100_2003.jpg

Orange urine is not unusual. If you note a peculiar odor, it could indicate dehydration or another health issue. As long as the rabbit is eating and drinking normally, I wouldn't be concerned.

Pam

It looks normal to be!!! But maybe I am just colourblind!:):ponder::imstupid

Looks normal to me too, my rabbits urine varies from whitish yellow to dark red depending on activity levels and what they have been eating that week.

Once when my mom was feeding my boys clover from her yard, their urine was that color. I was freaked out, but I read this is normal. Is her urine always that color?

Yes -- different feeds can change the color of the urine and this is considered normal. Normal urine can vary from milky white to dark orange.

The urine color can also become dark when rabbits are dehydrated. You'll generally notice a different odor to the urine when this happens. The urine color may also change when rabbits are ill.

Pam

Ive had orange pee on my carpets aswell when my bunnies have bee aloud inside. It is completely fine so no worries.

That reminds me, my cousins had a guinea pig and they fed them lots of beetroot, or raddishes (dont remember) because it needed using up or it would just go off. Any way, I think they fed them too much of it because it made their poos turn pink :?lol but they was fine anyway.

So the moral of this story is yes orange pee is normal ;)

Orange pee is fine, but it scared me the first time I saw it! Blood in the urine will usually show up as red streaks.

Back