Does she like this or ...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
Every night when I let Miffy out she is runningaround binkying to her little hearts delight. Sometimes I goto her when she is still and I will lightly scratch the middle part ofher back and she kind of lays down. Sometimes she will evenflop on her side! If I scratch a little further to the leftside, she will somewhat roll to the side and the same for the rightside. She never runs away when I do this, I think she likesit but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen with theirbunny?

Yes Pebbles does that......When I pet her leftside she would roll towards the left, and roll tothe right when I pet the right side of her. Shewould just melt and lay there while I pet her.

Rainbows! :)

Its a breedingresponse , I have seen myDoes do this when they are wanting to be bred, Especially the Dutch variety, one in particular i cantmention the name of with out tears .

If she didn't like something you were doing she sure would let you knowby either running away from the spot or getting cranky, to me sounds asthough she loves the attention:D

My bun, Petunia, flattens out when I pet her andsometimes it seems like she's in a "ready-to-mate" positiion, but whenI stop, she looks at me like, "HEY! Why'd you stop,mom?" and sometimes she flips on her side if I pet her injust the right place on either of her hips, but she only flips over fora second before she's right back up on her feet. I think shegets scared or feels vulnerable when she's on her side like thatbecause it only lasts for about 3 seconds, if that. I thinkshe loves it and just doesn't know how to react exactly.

In my animals, I've noticed a "fall spot" at acertain point on the flanks--if tapped at that spot, even adefiantrabbit will fall to the side that was touched. Itlooked to me like a nerve reflex, a "funny bone" type of thing.

They always looked surprised as they fell....some, just the hind legflops, others would roll all the way over. Scared me the first time--Ithought it was some disease, until they pop up and look all surprisedand offended.

Is this just my critters? Sounds like a similar reflex thing.

Rose

That soundslike what Petunia does,sure enough. Maybe it is a reflex...since she seems to not beable to help it. :pinkpansy:

Latest posts

Back