Does cats, dogs, and rabbits have same fur mites?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is talking about injectable ivermectin and I want to apply him an oral ivermectin. But the ivermectin I saw online is for dogs/cats... Is it safe to use it in rabbits too?
The other one discusses oral, I have reason to believe it will be safe based on the study, but let's see what @JBun thinks

Oral is safe for bunnies but would need proper dosage and concentration of ivermectin but JBun is better on those things. Myself rather use tropical medication because it’s easier to handle and don’t need to struggle feeding the bunny🤣

Oral is safe for bunnies but would need proper dosage and concentration of ivermectin but JBun is better on those things. Myself rather use tropical medication because it’s easier to handle and don’t need to struggle feeding the bunny🤣
Good thing for all of you... You have a vet but I don't have one. 😔

Good thing for all of you... You have a vet but I don't have one. 😔

Some countries are so and medication can be expensive, depending where you are. In the philippines bunnies have a different view and many don’t know how to properly take care of them. They are often meat rabbits but you is taking your time for research and trying your best to get help for your bunny. So your are doing your best.

I know that my relatives in phillipines find it weird that I have bunnies as pets and that they run around in the house as cats. Some of them even was suprised on how old my previous french lop got, they had the view that bunnies only lived for 3 years max.

We here on the forum will do our best to help but @JBun is best when it come to diseases and medication here on the forum ☺️

Some countries are so and medication can be expensive, depending where you are. In the philippines bunnies have a different view and many don’t know how to properly take care of them. They are often meat rabbits but you is taking your time for research and trying your best to get help for your bunny. So your are doing your best.

I know that my relatives in phillipines find it weird that I have bunnies as pets and that they run around in the house as cats. Some of them even was suprised on how old my previous french lop got, they had the view that bunnies only lived for 3 years max.

We here on the forum will do our best to help but @JBun is best when it come to diseases and medication here on the forum ☺️
Thank you so much... Really thank you... Other than the fur mite problem... He is acting so Strange today... I don't know if it's stress but he's acting weak, I don't think he's even eating his hay... More hays are getting wasted each day and the day before all this happened he seemed to eat more hay but now, it's like he is not eating any hay. I think he is acting weak because he hasn't eaten anything today except for a small amount of pellets, I'm just getting him to eat more hay but it doesn't seem to work, it's hard to purchase hay in the Philippines so have no choice. I'm starting to get depressed, I want the best for my bunny but it seems that things don't go well as you expected to be.

Thank you so much... Really thank you... Other than the fur mite problem... He is acting so Strange today... I don't know if it's stress but he's acting weak, I don't think he's even eating his hay... More hays are getting wasted each day and the day before all this happened he seemed to eat more hay but now, it's like he is not eating any hay. I think he is acting weak because he hasn't eaten anything today except for a small amount of pellets, I'm just getting him to eat more hay but it doesn't seem to work, it's hard to purchase hay in the Philippines so have no choice. I'm starting to get depressed, I want the best for my bunny but it seems that things don't go well as you expected to be.

The heat can cause the bunnies to eat less and act more tired, try to cold down the ears with water and if you can, give the bunny a frozen bottle to act as place to cold down.

The heat can cause the bunnies to eat less and act more tired, try to cold down the ears with water and if you can, give the bunny a frozen bottle to act as place to cold down.
Should I give him cold water? And it's raining here the whole day... It's impossible for him to be hot, is it?

Should I give him cold water? And it's raining here the whole day... It's impossible for him to be hot, is it?

It all depends on how warm it is, the temperature. Myself hate being outdoors when the temp go above 25 celsius because it’s too hot for me. My own bunnies also want to avoid it but we are used with colder temperatures.

But I would say it’s impossible for him to be hot during the rain. The temperature truly drops down when it rains 😂

You only need to use cold water or normal water to the ears and it will help a lot. Bunnies regulate their body temperature with the ears. Otherwise slowing down eating can be early signs of GI stasis but it’s something you will have to keep an eye up for. Massaging and baby gas drops can help before it get too bad. Baby gas drops help if the trouble is caused by gas while massaging will help the gut movements.

It all depends on how warm it is, the temperature. Myself hate being outdoors when the temp go above 25 celsius because it’s too hot for me. My own bunnies also want to avoid it but we are used with colder temperatures.

But I would say it’s impossible for him to be hot during the rain. The temperature truly drops down when it rains 😂

You only need to use cold water or normal water to the ears and it will help a lot. Bunnies regulate their body temperature with the ears. Otherwise slowing down eating can be early signs of GI stasis but it’s something you will have to keep an eye up for. Massaging and baby gas drops can help before it get too bad. Baby gas drops help if the trouble is caused by gas while massaging will help the gut movements.
I will try

You can get Revolution in the Philippines, I know several bunny people there. You should also be able to get at least an online consultation with a rabbit vet.
Its been raining lately here so the signal is slow and I will try later to find rabbit vet to message. Thank you for recommending me. 🥰 and one more thing... I don't get the revolution in the Philippines thing, would you mind explaining it to me?

Last edited:
If you can get a ride to the vet. I would go and say what medication you need for your rabbit. They must know they are the only vet. Sometimes you just need to say exactly what you need to get help.

Its been raining lately here so the signal is slow and I will try later to find rabbit vet to message. Thank you for recommending me. 🥰 and one more thing... I don't get the revolution in the Philippines thing, would you mind explaining it to me?
Hi, there's a list of rabbit-savvy vets in Philippines you can take some pics and send to all of them with a short explanation of your problem and ask if they could prescribe medicine and see if they could help.
https://bunnyph.wordpress.com/2015/07/09/rabbit-veterinarians/
Check out the entire site there's plenty of useful information for rabbit owners and they are located in your country so know your common problems. They have an online shop as well.

If you can get a ride to the vet. I would go and say what medication you need for your rabbit. They must know they are the only vet. Sometimes you just need to say exactly what you need to get help.
Yes your right, I chatted them if they have revolution spot on and there is no reply yet

Update: here's today's pic of my rabbit, simce he is not eating his hay he just throw it around, maybe he is just one of those picky rabbit but as I said, it's the only hay I could purchase as of now. I did not yet order any med for now I'm still waiting for response of vets in practice.

Attachments

• IMG20200612105703.jpg
    IMG20200612105703.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 4
Back