Does anyone want their bunny drawn?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this is such a great thing that you are doing. I would love to have some drawings of my rabbits. This was my first rabbit, Klova.
couchpotato_zps2f7a1835.jpg

mydeskbuddy_zps61fa37d9.jpg

if you are still doing pictures i would love a picture of timothy please :bouquet:

sorry i don't know how to make it any smaller :huh

IMG_0306.jpg

Harrow & I both moved away so I could attend school. When I first got here I hurt my hands & could not draw or take notes in school, but that has healed somewhat. I can draw but I do not have a scanner. I have a new computer so maybe there's a chance of taking webcam pictures. I'm really sorry that for the time being I will not be able to complete your pictures... but there's got to be some way around this & I'll be looking for that 'cuz it's not fair to not make good on a promise. I also stayed away from the forum because I was afraid to read of anger & disappointment. Cowardice is bad, so, sorry again for requiring so much patience. >.> But, uh, I'm coming back.

To all who asked recently about recieving drawings of your Precious Ones, the answer is yes of course! I'll do -every last one of them- as soon as I am able. All your buns are adorable!

...If it matters we're both doing fine here (someone even brought him some mint leaves yesterday!), except for the fact that he will not let me sleep very much. But in the profession I'm studying for we're on call 24-7 so I guess it's good he's teaching me to deal with that when the time comes? Waking is one thing, waking compassionately is quite another. No one has any advice on that.

It's funny-but-not-really because I have some weird inner-ear thing going on-- basically when I'm woken in the middle of a REM cycle I am very, very dizzy. So I have to stagger over, let him out to pee, then try to catch a running rabbit gently while staggering dizzily. The alternitive is a very light sleep all night, which causes no dizzyness, but isn't sufficient inn other ways.

I'm still working on getting him a bigger cage... *sigh*

Whee!
So sorry you have had such a rough time of it. Hope you will be well & able to not only feel better but do the things you need to do. I've been very ill myself & definitely understand. Just got out of the hospital & now trying to take care of not only myself but my wonderful buns & birds. They have all been so wonderful. They have been patient with me realizing I'm not well yet and ooh, so loving. Oh, & cooperative when I had to get them to give them some long overdue grooming. I still haven't been able to get pix of my buns but you have plenty of requests & bunny pix to keep you busy as you can work on them. Hope you will be better soon & whenever I can get the pix & you are able to draw my buns will be fine with me. I so appreciate your offering your talents to provide us with your lovely artwork of our buns! Take care!

Wouldyou be willing to do my two buns? Tigger and Honey, they are two black tort lionheads, they are very dear to me and I would just love to have a drawn picture of them.

honey and tig.jpg

I just wanted to let everyone know that Cirlin-rah is very scared to come back to this post. She has multiple times drawn your rabbits. However, every time she has done so she has hated the result. Personally, I think she has done a great job. But I cannot draw rabbits very well. Regardless of this fact, her drawings have been beautiful. But for her, she understands that many of these drawings are remembrance images. Precious rabbits that you all have loved and adored, and Cirlin wants to do them justice. She wants these drawings to be perfect for you, and is refusing anything less than that. I've seen her redraw many of these rabbits at least five times, only to toss the drawings in the recycle bin for something small like a paw out of place by a few degrees.

She doesn't want to come back with only a few drawings and make it feel as though she has given preference to one of you over the others. She is worried that everyone here now hates her, and will only be angry for having waited so long. My dear friend has made herself stress out about this so much I tears me up to watch her get this way. She insists she will draw your bunnies, and I have no doubt that she will. Just please give her time to breath and cope with her fear and dislike of the drawings she has done so far.

Cirlin has no idea I have posted this, but I'm sure she will find out eventually. I have posted here out of concern for her, and to alert those waiting on their precious ones drawings of what is going on.

I don't see that anyone would hate her or look down on her in any way. She offered to draw people's rabbits, that does not mean that she has to do so if she decides to stop. People love to get something for free, but in reality, drawing dozens of rabbits for people who are expecting pictures can become stressful. I understand the situation, I draw myself and have had a similar experience. She does not need to stress, I think people who have asked need to understand that simply because they have asked, does not mean that she has to agree to draw their rabbit. It makes me sad to know that she is afraid to come back on here.

Tell her the none of us could ever be mad at her. She is doing something wonderful and we realise it is impossible to do everyones. We all see the beauty in her drawings and the special care she takes in doing them. You dedicate your spare time to do this so we are all happy to see whatever you have time to do. We are always so happy to see you and whatever drawings you have time to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will bow out graciously because even tho I would love a picture of my Ivy I understand the pressure and I don't want her to feel hat I'm one of the reasons she's upset.
I think it's sweet of her to want to draw other ppls buns and when she dose they should just say thank u or else just shut up.
I hope you draw again sometime but don't feel pressured to do want your not comfortable with :highfive:

In case anyone hasn't read back and seen watermelons post, not to mention the recent one above.

*** SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED ***

Please read PaleoClipper's post above and let Cirlin-rah know of our support and appreciation of all she has done.

Paleoclipper, I'm really sorry Cirlin-rah is feelling so much pressure concerning these drawings. I hope she realizes that we all know this was a kindness on her part to accept to do this for fellow RO members, and that she really shouldn't be feeling pressured at all to finish people's drawings. This was a favor on her part and is completely up to her whether she wants to do anymore drawings. I hope she knows this and will feel comfortable to post again on here.

Last edited:
I will certainly be relaying the information her! (And scanning in photos of my past bunnies)

Ivythelionhead: I don't think there is any reason to bow out. :0 I understand you don't want to place undue stress on her, but she does want to draw everyone who has asked.

Azerane, Chrisdoc, and JBun: Thank you so much for those words, I hope that her seeing them will help alleviate the stress.

I am gong to be happy with whatever she draws because she is amazing. As you said to ivythelionhead that they're is no reason to bow out, mine can certainly be put in the back burner. Besides, I think I got a little greedy and asked for both buns and a bird lol. We all love her, even if she gets overwhelmed and throws in the towel. We would totally understand. Well, I think we all would. I'm not really qualified to speak for everyone. Anyway, thank you for the update.

She doesn't seem to be minding the number of rabbits I think. More that she has lagged on getting the drawings up. Cirlin, or the impression I get anyway, wants to upload all the drawings at once. I'm trying to convince her to just post them as she gets one done. As far as I can tell everyone is fine having to wait to see their rabbit, so long as they know it will show up. Yes?

I am gong to be happy with whatever she draws because she is amazing. As you said to ivythelionhead that they're is no reason to bow out, mine can certainly be put in the back burner. Besides, I think I got a little greedy and asked for both buns and a bird lol. We all love her, even if she gets overwhelmed and throws in the towel. We would totally understand. Well, I think we all would. I'm not really qualified to speak for everyone. Anyway, thank you for the update.

Here is Smudge I would love it if you drawled a pic of him :)ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404868504.325991.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404868553.638726.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404868585.363914.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back