Does anyone know what breed this dog ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well my mum is thinking of getting a a dog, she wants a small/medium dog so we have been researching what dogs we like and what their tempremant etc is to see what dog is best suited to us, so far we have got cocker spaniel and norfolk terrier but we both like the dog that was on 80's kids programme Benji, Zac and the Alien Prince, I've tried to google it but I still don't know what breed he was and was wondering if anyone else knows?

Thanks in advance :D

benji.jpg
B0002H3S7S.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1106959603_.jpg

If you like that look and size, you may want to explore Wheaton Terrier mixes at your local shelters/rescues. :)

Thanks Leaf, I'm going to have a look at that breed. I'm not too sure what we will end up with. It's going to be my mums dog so obviously will be her choice but she said she loved the look of that dog so might be a possibility

I have a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier and I love her. She is great with all my rabbits even though she is a terrier. They are absolute clowns. They can jump 4 feet in the air without running. My dog can jump the recliner from a stand-still. They are great with children. Did I mention they don't shed? They are hypo-allergenic. However, they are not watch dogs. Everything scares my dog.

Sharon

Awww bless she sounds absoloutley gorgeous. I'm going to tell my mum that because your dog sounds exactly like what we are after. Lucky for you your too far away or I might have been planning a doggy nap hehe :p

I want to recommend you check out Petfinder.com. There are a LOT of homeless dogs looking for homes! Please adopt and save a life!

Rescues and shelters can tell you every dog's temperment, and can help place dogs into the right home! :) (Not all dogs of the same breed have the same temperment! I know that by having 7 dachshunds and ALL being different dogs)

:)We had a precious girl named "Abby" that was a "Benji Mix". At least that is what the vet used to put down on her rabies vaccine information sheet under "breed".
a8.gif

She had the best and most loving disposition of any dog we have ever had. She was a stray that wandered up to our home one day and no one ever claimed her so she stayed. We just lost her last year at the age of 10 to heart failure....It was one of the hardest days of our lives and I still miss her. If you can find a "Benji Dog" out there, if she's anything like Miss Abby you will have a wonderful friend for life.

Abby1-1.jpg

Angel1.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's always hard to lose a special friend. We used to have a Border Collie called Lassie she died 11 years ago and I still miss her like crazy.

Abby is the sweetest looking dog I have ever seen, she has got such a cute face. Bet you were happy when she wandered into your life's we have ben looking in our local RSPCA and I'm going to be keeping an eye out for a gorgeous Abby lookalike :biggrin2:

She looks so innocent in that 2nd pic lol

;)I sincerely hope you find one just like her...:groupparty:If you do, let me know I want pictures. :heartbeat: My parents have had two collies. A minature collie named Lady....she was actually a family pet and was still alive before I moved away from home. And later my parents adopted a full blooded collie named Brandon that was just the most awsome family dog. I'd never seen my father bond so closely with any of the dogs in our families life as he did with Brandon.

Keep us posted on how your search turns out. :goodluck

Latest posts

Back