Does anyone have favorites?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilyasb

Reaction score
So, I feel bad saying this, but my bunny Mimah has to be my favorite, mostly because she's my cuddle bug and never gives me any trouble.

Ebony and Clover have each other, so they don't really need me, and they don't like being touched, but they are super cute and still love them like crazy!

So, does anyone else have a favorite?

I do :)

I have 17, but my most special is Sky and he is absolutely the most important bun I have.

I also find that I tend to block them out and not let them into my heart because it hruts too much to lose them, but when they are ill they worm their way in really quickly and easily, like Summer, or Dusk.

I treat them all the same, but out of mine, it would hurt immensely if I lost any of them, especially Badger and Summer, but out of all of them, I couldn't cope without my Sky.

I recently had to put my Sooty, black mini lop , to sleep and he was my favorite, i love my other rabbits but he was my favorite. They all have their little special things about them, but there was something about him.

*phew!* I'm glad other people have thier personal faves.
I thought for a second I was a bad bunny mom! Lol.

EMily you are not the only one dont worry,lol. I think that there are just buns, or animals for that matter that you just click with. Just like people there are certain peoople sometimes that you just get along with better then others,lol

I hear that!
but I'm pretty sure I get along with buns better than humans...especially my mother, Lol.

I think about this a lot. Me and Steve often talk about heart bunnies. Chalk is Steve's heart bunny. He adores all the others but you should honestly see his face when he picks Chalk up and cuddles her- it's like he's under a spell or something lol! He wont always admit it, because he feels bad about having a favourite, as much as he loves the others.

I am really close to Dotty, given she adores me and comes for cuddles morning and night, resting her nose on my cheek and nearly licking me to death, and it amazes me how attention-demanding she is, but then I also think of Mouse and how she was my first bunny- I chose her, and of holding her in the palm of my hand on the first day we had her and Chalk. And then I think of how Chalk bonded with us when she was sick, suddenly being affectionate and giving out bunny kisses, and how devastated we both were when we thought we might lose her. And then I think of Barney and how last year after my operation he would let me pick him up and lie down on the sofa and cuddle with me for hours, almost like he knew I couldn't sit up or play on the floor with him. And then I think of Snowy, who as fiesty as she normally is, clings to me at the vets. And at the weekend we put her on the table outside to brush her, and she put her paws on my shoulders and snuggled her nose into my neck for ages, like she was giving me a human-style hug.....

And when I think of all that, I really, really can't decide! :p I just can't. If you asked me who I'm closest to, it has to be Dotty, because she's so dependant on me whereas the others have each other and are less people-orientated. But I just really can't pick a favourite!

That's really heart wrenching.
I love all your little buns personalities!
Do they all like each other? I'm in a conundrum trying to bond my trio.

I think it may be Zakura. She was my first rabbit, also presumably oldest (I have no idea how old Cloud is XD but I've speculated he's 3-4 years, Zakura is 4 and a half)
I sometimes wonder why, or why I even kept her through two years of constant biting. She couldn't be shown being mixbred, she couldn't be bred because of that, old age and her extreme (inherited) aggression, and she couldn't be cuddled because of her aggression. Yet I couldn't bring myself to get rid of her, and she's calmed down a lot after neutering. Now she's just a sweet little bunster.

I recently started a nearly-identical thread. lol And, yes, people here admitted to having favorites.

My confession is that my one Mini Rex, Zoe, is my favorite; I think that's largely in part because I've had to medicate/nurse her a lot since we've had her--nearly two years' now. Emma is my husband's favorite. Now we have a third bun, Pinkerton (aka, Pink), and he's also a favorite of mine. (My hubby isn't keen on having a third bun; Pink has to be somebody's favorite. :D Besides, he's worthy.)

Jenk

Well...I Emo used to be my favorite until I got Mugs...HE IS SO CUTE!!! I just can't help but love this little guy to death. Him and Brandy just had some kits though...there is a little otter buck that might take is place though... lol

emilyasb wrote:
That's really heart wrenching.
I love all your little buns personalities!
Do they all like each other? I'm in a conundrum trying to bond my trio.
Hehe thanks! :D They are all pretty great.

Barney and Snowy (a couple) bonded with Mouse and Chalk (sisters) last July and the 4 of them lived in a massive NIC cage very happily for months, until one morning in November we were awoken to a horrendous noise, and Snowy had a torn ear which needed stitches. It became clear that she and Mouse probably fought, so we separated the pairs, and then she managed to fight with Chalk a few days later and her poor ear tore again. The 2 pairs have lived separately, although next door to each other, ever since :( It was the saddest thing ever as Barney still loves the girls but it's not fair to Snowy to let him be with them- she needs her husbun!

Dotty lives upstairs free-range in our bedroom/landing/office- she has met the other buns but she just stomps at them and runs away- she seems to like the look of Barney though LOL! I think she's more of a people bunny :)

Good luck with bonding your trio! It really is so lovely to see a group of rabbits living happily together and I love looking back over pictures of the 4 of them...

I definitely prefer Nick and Amelia over Tobi. I don't think I could choose between Nick and Amelia, their personalities are just so different. Nick seems so happy-go-lucky most of the time, but spooks easily and doesn't like to be anywhere Amelia isn't. Amelia is sassy and defiant and judgemental, and likes some alone time.

Tobi loves Jason, but doesn't much care for me. She is also aggressive towards Amelia. I am really hoping that, when we eventually find her a husbun of her own, she might calm down a little. Maybe then we will be less at odds with each other.

Aww, all these replies are so cute!

Yeah, my bun Mimah is also more of a people bunny. She's less than 6months though, and still has some personality to spark.

She hates the other buns, Ebony and Clover. Hopefully, when Mimah is spayed, the trio can reunite with happiness.

It is hard to choose but Connor would be first in my heart. I always refer to him as my baby. Connor doesn't come across as the most striking bunny in pictures but when you see him in person. You watch the things he does, how smart he is...You fall in love. After him would be Sam (RIP), she may be gone but I don't think I have the bond I had with her with any of the others. Ringo and Teresa would be tied. Ringo how can I not bond to him considering everything we have been through. Teresa has such an attitude, but still a sweet lady. She sometimes gets called a Contessa. She has that I am above you. Than Elvis and Chibi. Elvis is such a SOCIAL guy. You need a cuddle Elvis is your man. Chibi helped me heal over the loss of Sam. Than Wyatt, he is the lone ranger. Very much his own friend. He just needs us to feed him.

In the end I think I love them all for their unique qualities.

Lol should be Elvis, Dallas and Chibi. :p

Latest posts

Back