Does anyone have a rabbit that DOESN'T like to cuddle?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one that does and one that doesn't...much any way. We have had Cleo the longest but she was older when we got her and her living conditions weren't great when we did. I guess at the start she was harder to cuddle, took her a while to warm up to us. Now you can almost always approach her and give her a cuddle which she will sit and take as long as we give it to her, unless she is outside running around, or you do it wrong...lol Bambi may be still warming up to us. He tends to be on guard when we enter the room and runs away from us more often, but he will let you pick him up and take a cuddle for a little while but he is very fidgety. He won't have a bar of contact if he is outside though, he likes it out there too much and he always thinks we are going to take him inside so he runs and binkies and makes a game of escaping from us.

My previous rabbit, Hazel-rah was an interesting character. He liked being petted and held on my lap etc, but he hated the process of being picked up. Once he was in my arms he was absolutely fine, but being lifted on the ground or lowered onto the ground he hated with a passion. It made it difficult at times to get him out of his hutch because it only opened at the top, not the front. Still, with patience, practice and steadier hands on my part we both improved over time in regards to that issue I think. When I had him out in his run, he would come up to me, but never really for attention, just doing his own thing. But he never had a problem with being in my lap and settling in for a nice long brushing and head rub session.

Mine are a bit like that! Not so much with the picking up, just the putting down. They must hate the feeling of the floor coming towards them or something, as soon as I start going down they start kicking, especially Bambi, he often kicks right out of my arms before he is close enough to get a good footing and Im always worried he will hurt himself.

My frenchie will let you lay next to him and pet him and put your arm around him. My husband puts him on the couch with him and he'll stay as long as you pet him. My smaller lops will let you pick them up but go nuts when you put them back down like they're falling. My lionhead is still scared to be picked up but is ok once he's in your arms. The smaller breeds seem to be scared of a lot. My mini lop when being held will put his head up under my chin and i sort of snuggle with him.

Yes, they are all different. Snowy is so Ok with being picked up and now he loves being stroked and cuddled and will kiss you back as well. Houdini will let me pick him up and stay still for a couple of minutes but then he´s wanting to go down and will nip you to tell you that. Bandy doesn´t like been picked up either but he accepts it now as he has to be groomed daily and he´ll stay still for about 15-20 minutes and then he´s wanting to be off. He´s just started to enjoy being stroked when he´s in his cage last thing at night and he sits so still. They all love jumping all over me when I´m down on the floor especially if I have food. They´ll let me stroke them and they will lick my hands and clothes as well.

k

Yes, they are all different. Snowy is so Ok with being picked up and now he loves being stroked and cuddled and will kiss you back as well. Houdini will let me pick him up and stay still for a couple of minutes but then he´s wanting to go down and will nip you to tell you that. Bandy doesn´t like been picked up either but he accepts it now as he has to be groomed daily and he´ll stay still for about 15-20 minutes and then he´s wanting to be off. He´s just started to enjoy being stroked when he´s in his cage last thing at night and he sits so still. They all love jumping all over me when I´m down on the floor especially if I have food. They´ll let me stroke them and they will lick my hands and clothes as well.

k

Hey Chris, did you notice that Lati, who posted on the previous page, is from Spain too. I know you were wondering if there was anyone else on here that was.

Jenny, thanks for pointing that out. I was so busy looking at the cute bunny photos, I didn´t read the rest. Glad to see I¨m not the only one over here.

Thumper doesn't like to snuggle in that he does not like to be picked up and rarely does he ever get on a lap. Maybe do in some part to his size because when he was young he would sit on my lap while I fed him hay. Now he is big enough to sit on the floor and still reach the hay. He does love being petted. He's a little sensitive about his feet or belly but when he is either really distracted or really chilled out you can pet him there otherwise he just hops away. He comes running up to everyone in that family and will even play chase with us. He has only bit anyone once, that was me and I believe it was accident. I was half in and half out of his cage cleaning. I believe he was chewing the seem in my pants and when I didn't stop him he bit a little too harder and got me.

Spike HATES being picked up. Not his idea of fun at all. But he loves getting pets (on the nose and ears only - don't attempt the butt!) and he'll give lots of kisses. As long as he can remain on the ground, he will get and give love. But forget snuggles.

Latest posts

Back