Does anyone have a rabbit that DOESN'T like to cuddle?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
I'm not asking those that have rabbit(s) that were rescued that were abused or neglected. I'm only asking people who brought their rabbit(s) home as little bunnies .

I've only had three rabbits. I bought them all as little bunnies and every single one of them love to cuddle.

I'm wondering if there are rabbit (whom have bonded with their owners since bunnyhood ) that doesn't like to cuddle.

:?

My rabbit Fiona came from a breeder. A coworker had her for a few months and then got rid her because she was not affectionate enough for them. I took her from them and, yes, they are right. She does not like to cuddle. I would even go as far as to say that she hates people. She was never abused or mistreated. She just plain doesn't like people or to be touched in general.

I got Harvey as an adult but he is a very friendly bunny. He'll groom me and let me pet him, but he likes his space. Hates being held also. So he's never been one to sleep on me and he's only slept near me twice haha. He likes to look on from a distance or from another room entirely. Plus he got a bit of a short attention span so he doesn't hold still often.

I got Peppy as an adult, at 3 years old.
He's actually the friendliest rabbit I've ever met in my entire life. He chases people around grunting until he gets pats. He will let you stroke him for hours and hours. He just can't get enough loves.
However; he doesn't snuggle. He'll lay by your feet but that's about it.

^ Agreed! Haha!

Matthias was born here and held everyday since he was 4 days old. If you so much as stoop next to him he'll bolt. Hates being picked up. Though, if you're sitting on the couch he'll 50% of the time saunter over and sit with you. Occasionally on your lap, but it's tentative at best.

Molly prefers to have you lay on the floor nose to nose and rub her face and shoulders. Move any closer and it's too much for her and she'll hop away.

Atticus likes to have some distance, but he'll come over and check you out, put his paws on you and maybe take a bath with you right there. He won't hang out on your lap though, or sprawl out with you on a bed, etc.

Gubby is so ticked at having to have 10 days of antibiotics for his UTI that any time I walk in the room or even sneak at peek at him he thumps like crazy and snorts.

I would LOVE to have a snuggle bunny again. My Bailey was, hence me having mass amounts of pictures of he and I together. Most of my rabbit pictures now are solo buns.

I really think rabbits are like cats; their personality is either snuggly or not. I don't think any amount of conditioning would change it. Just my personal opinion, not a fact.

:)

Rupert likes his nose to forehead brushed or stroked. He'll put his head up asking for more when you stop. But hates being picked up. He will come over and nudge/headbutt me though. Maybe being picked up is like being on a high flying fairground ride when your stomach turns....

Out of my 7 angoras I have 3 that do not like to be snuggled. All of them were raised from babies, it just depends on their personalities!

It depends on what you call "snuggling". I found out bunnies have lots of different ways to "snuggle" and be friendly. You need to learn their ways. I think that's what gets people upset and say their bunnies don't like to cuddle.

K:)

my rabbit came from a foster home who never got loves and never got held. he did get the right care (sort of a messy cage though) and she never did anyhting with him. so when i got him, i couldn't hold him and he just was independent and didn't cuddle with anyone. i couldn't even pet him; he would fling away from me. this was months being independant but he was happy. finally the past few months he is giving into me and trusting me and lettting me rub my face against his and snuggling but he still wont let hold him so its hard when i have to cut his nails; he'll sure will put up a fight (lets just say right now i have scratch marks along my neck and arms from trying to pick him up to cut his nails which he doesn't mind). so i only hold him when necasary like cutting his nails cuz he's just a bunny who doesn't like to be held. but now he does cuddle and stuff. best bunny ever= bbe <3

I guess I got lucky three times.

All my three rabbits liked to snuggle and I LOVE to snuggle with them.

When I started this thread I thought that most rabbits like to snuggle. I learned otherwise.

Ive had sebi since he was 6 weeks oldish, he never liked to cuddle even as a baby. He tolerates a looot though. Used to go to work with me so he got a lot of attention. So he tolerates it, but wont ask for the sttention

Derby when we first got him was happy to be picked up and held. He loves to be pet. Now he is going through puberty he has turned into a bit of a brat. He no longer wants to be picked up, he kicks, scratches and bites to get down. Still loves to be pet if you lay on the ground and stroke him or sit beside him. Just like a teenager that no longer really wants mom attention. lol Have one more month to wait until he can be neutered. We have been through this before with other male bunnies, just at the time it is a bit discouraging.

None of my rabbits like to be held, which is normal for rabbits.

Nelson is a snuggler in the way that he will demand ear rubs and will lay next to you. He's really the only one of my three (soon to be two :c) who will.

But, just because the girls aren't snuggly, doesn't mean that they aren't social. Lillian will grab and run away with the hand broom and dustpan, or sneak up behind me and pull at my shirt to get my attention. Bee will knock toys down and sit near you as long as you don't lean over her or move suddenly. Both will accept a couple of pats, but only Nelson will settle down for a bunny pancake session.
I would like to add that Nelson was an Easter through away I got at about four months and the girls I got at eight weeks old.

Latest posts

Back