does anyone else think its ridiculous

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
Ok got to have a rant the news has just come on with all this snow again and they are walking along and it doesn't even come over the soles of their shoes. It is completely ridiculous that less than a foot of snow brings the UK to a stand still!!!

When i was young it would have come up to my dads knees now we can't cope with 3"

I am not joking I have seen weather reports saying do not leave your homes its awful and the roads are completely clear behind them it seriously does my head in

sorry for that :p

My sister goes through the same thing were she lives in Ohio. She says that everything shuts down until they say travel conditions are okay to venture out. I think they are more afraid ofroads freezing when the temps are in between the freezing/melting points and people not knowing how to drive in slippery conditions.

But I just sit back a laugh because I live in Wisconsin. There are a fair number of people around here who still don't know how to handle winter driving, but life and business go on.

myheart

It makes me laugh because we still have 6+ inches of snow here. People in Wisconsin blow through 6+ inches of snow on the highway without even flinching. :) We're just used to it. I remember having a lot more snow here when I was little...

Polly - when we get an inch of road - they shut down the highways going in and out of town and everything pretty much shuts down as far as government goes.

We just aren't prepared for snow down here in SW Texas...

I find that funny!!!!!!! But when you are in an aarea not use to getting snow and you get it , people dont know how to function, and it can be dangerous,lol.

I don't understand it either. Yes I come from canada where we get a lot of snow so we are used to it but come on. People should be able to deal with a couple inches of snow even if they aren't used to it. Not sure why things need to shut down. You are still able to drive, you just have to be a bit more careful. Yes its cold, but put on a few more layers. I"m sure it will all be melted in a few days anyways.

Its not like its -30* with a blizzard and 12+" of snow.

It's hard to drive in snow if you're not used to it. We get snow here every winter, and there are *tons* of accidents every time. (And that's usually after the snow plows clear the streets, too.) My car doesn't do well on the snow, I'll try to stop and my car will just keep on going, even when I'm driving slow and braking cautiously.

I saw a thing on the news where the Prime Minister of England was saying they don't have many snow plows or any other way to clear snow from streets and stuff, since it snows so infrequently there it would be a waste of money.

Something I heard on a podcast today....."Dodgy Infrastructure: It's not just for America anymore!" :D

It's not just the amount.... it's the conditions..... if there is black ice, etc., that can affect it.

We had about 2 inches fall very quickly today. In my county alone, there was a 33 car/truck pileup and people died.

There were rescue personnel crying over this situation..... the wreck happened early this morning - and the road is still closed.

wreck.jpg

furryface wrote:
just how much snow would it take to shut WI down I wonder?

on second thought....

I don't think I want to know....
I've seen them close schools and businesses when it snows then gets nasty-cold. You know, the "I go outside and my eyes freeze shut" weather? The schools only close with 12+ inches of snow and ice underneath. I still say it's good for doing donuts with the Jeep, though. ;)

Our schools are already on a 2 hour delay to go in for Wednesday. The wind is blowing the snow and it's covering the roads.

The other day a car was going down a road on the West Side of Indy and suddenly they were engulfed in show..... drifting.... it isn't fun.

Latest posts

Back