Does anyone else cage their bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funnybunnymummy wrote:
Those steps are ingenious!

Rue

Thanks! Parker, the black and white Lionhead, had a crushed hind foot when he was rescued from the park (hence his name) and he'll always be lame. So, the ramp is a little tough for him to negotiate, especially since the "rumble boards" are so far apart. However, I could not see myself climbing into the condo to make steps for him. So, I made him an outside staircase leading to the "veranda". :)

Sent a picture to Leith petwerks hoping they get the hint. Outside stairs would be a good accessory to sell with these condos.

There are actually lot's of people on here whos bunnies don't free range around the house :)
Like pet owners who keep their bunnies outside and the majority of breeders. My bunnies are outside, Princess and Ebony used to ''free range'' in the shed, but it was so hard to keep it clean, within hours of being totally cleaned out it would just be a sea of poop again, so they had to be caged, for their own health and because we didn't have the hours we needed at the weekend to totally clean it out.
During the Winter, the buns would be lucky to get out twice a week for a few hours. Either in the run outside or in the shed. They really don't seem to mind as the weather is so bad outside.

Once the Summer comes, they will be out all the time, cause I'll be home to put them out and rotate them around and plus the weather will just be so much better and they will be happier to be outside. They all get toys in their cages so they don't get bored and of course I spend time with them everyday.

My rabbits are always caged, but I do bring them outside when it’s nice for exercise.
I would love to have an indoor, free-range bunny, but at this time my mom won’t allow me to have one. When I move in the future, I will hopefully have a few bunnies that are free-range or at least have large runs, and can have free-range separately.

I do bring my bunnies into the house sometimes and they can explore and chill with me, but not everybun gets to come inside, since only a few of my bunnies are spot-on with their litter skills! Lol.

Emily

All of my bunnies are caged. We have to keep them outside due to our two dogs and two cats. We do have a cage inside just in case someone gets sick.
Since they are a running breed I do try to get them out whenever I am home to keep them accustomed to running on the table and showing their stuff :) But my Petite has such a high strung attitude that he also needs to be taken out to run and practice his pose.

My rabbits aren't "caged" but they're definitely "penned." They each have a 4x4 pen downstairs at night and in bad weather. During the day (on nice days) they each have a slightly larger (maybe 6x6?) pen to run about in outdoors. We do not let them run around in the main part of the house; Brindam finds something to hide under and doesn't budge, and while Wendy would probably like roaming the house, we don't have a very "rabbit proof" home considering several dangerous pets, too much stuff to hide under, and a lot of electrical wire. She does occasionally get to dash around in the kitchen, but honestly she seems to prefer the outdoor area where she can graze, dig, observe her surroundings, etc.

My boyfriend built his rabbits their own room downstairs, 10x7, and I bet my buns are jealous!

My bunn is "caged" but she definatly gets her free time everyday. She's very destructive if she doesnt get out, she hates being in her pen alll day.. Do you let her out to stretch her legs at all? Is not hard to bunny proof, at least one room would do. I know my Evie really loves it.

Back