Does anyone bath the Buns ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybunnies

Reaction score
Bugsy had a willnot (Poop stuck to his butt thatwillnot come off) :(so I decided to give him a bathin our bathtub, luckily it has deep sides. I was surprized:shock:that he actually seemed to like the water (atfirst) he even stopped to drink some. He stoppedenjoying it when I started to pour water directly on him. Butreally -- it was much easier than I hadanticipated. ---- Kim

I never bathe mine unless they have poopy butt ofsome other problem because they keep themselves really clean. Do-do andBunty do seem to like water as they got into the little dog pool we hadinthe yard

I'm glad it went smoothly for you, Kim, but it'snot recommended to bathe a rabbit unless you have to because it altersthe oils in their fur. If you have to wash them, it's best tojust put them in an inch or so of water and only wash the dirty arearather than the whole body.

I bet the little one looked like a fluff-ball when done!

-Carolyn

Bathing my rabbits was never fun, I know yourpain. It's always been a bit easier for me to have lots of towelsnearby and drape them over the edge of the tub so my bunny didn't slipif she tried to jump up. Since rabbits are really clean I would justclean the bum and under areas of my bunny to minimize stress, and use arabbit shampoo or Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. Good luck!

i use those little wipes that have shampoo stuffalready on them. you dont have to rinse them or anything. just wipewith the little wipe. great for spot cleaning. also i know they make aspray that you can just spray on them. but id reccomend the wipes! :)

Buck Jones wrote:
Never bathed a bun in our lives.? If poop collects on butt; ?bunneeds diet, or diet needs adjustment, or closely crop fur aroundgenital area, or any combination of the three.

Buck

Couldn't agree more, Buck. In a lot of cases when I've heard that thepoop is collecting on the behind, it's because the rabbit's diet isoff. Too many fruits/vegetables/treats in most cases have been thecause.

-Carolyn

Buck Jones wrote:
Never bathed a bun in our lives. If poop collectson butt; bun needs diet, or diet needs adjustment, or closelycrop fur around genital area, or any combination of the three.

Buck
of course there are those few rare cases where i havea bun who i swear he rolled in his poop every time he molted.truthfully not sure what he did but twice a year ge got poop all overhis back, go figure. it was always during molt. knock on woodhe hasn't done it in the last 4 years. but the first 4 years of hislife he sure did. hmmmmm

Latest posts

Back